Petrucci using Axe-FX?

jarrett

Inspired
Not sure if this is old news, but I noticed this over at the Petrucci forums:
richb said:
Yup,it's confirmed,john's does indeed already have a Ultra and he said some good stuff about it.
http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61552

Eeeeenteresting... :mrgreen:

Dutch said:
Oh no. Then we'll be swamped with JP fans...

Well.

Could be worse, I guess... ;)

They're already here. :cool:
It would be great if JP dug into some of the amp sims but it sounds like he's only interested in the effects. DZ has been exceptionally generous.

acwild said:
Dutch said:

Well.

They're already here. :cool:
It would be great if JP dug into some of the amp sims but it sounds like he's only interested in the effects. DZ has been exceptionally generous.

Most likely his Mesa endorsements would come into play even if he did.

Considering the size of most of his rigs, this isn't too surprising.

javajunkie said:
acwild said:

Most likely his Mesa endorsements would come into play even if he did.

He could always pull a Mustaine and just have a dummy head or two in front of the Axe-FX.

I was there last hanging with (“RichB” at the JP forum).
JP and I compared a few quick notes on the Axe Fx bottom line, like me he has not spent any time to speak of with the unit (I got a little more time in with it then him) but first impressions of the unit he really likes it allot and seems really impressed!
I happened to mention like allot of other people, I would pay the money just for the effects alone! And John very quickly agreed.
Figure I would chime in on this thread because I was there. So don’t read into anything to deep, he got it and is very impressed with but has not spent allot of time with it. The way he was talking he only got it this past week or maybe just started playing with it this past week I’m not sure.

Dutch said:

Well.

Yeah, imagine if Kirk Hammett got one? *shudder*

Or Satriani, so he could ditch those fizzy Peavey heads and oh so lovely effects pedals he's endorcing these days?

I hope Dweezil talks to little Stevie Vai about his Ultra, even though Vai is hooked up with Carvin.
I bet Steve could come up with some mind-blowing sounds, given that he was part of the software design for Eventide in the 80's.

shredi knight said:
Who is this "Petrucci" person you speak of? ;)

It's spelled "Pertucci", and he's selling steak knifes on TV. Great guy.

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Would be cool if JP followed Dweezil's lead and put his preset up on the web somewhere. The guy knows tone, fo sho.

That's too cool! I had the pleasure of meeting richb at the Petrucci clinic in NYC last year (along with the man himself and Sterling "Big Poppa" Ball). He ended up with one of the sweet one-off BFR JP's that were for sale at the clinic.

This is very exciting news, I really dig Pet's tone.

Back
Top Bottom