Petrucci Tone chasing pic on Fractal Facebook page

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
Chasing Tone - Matt and John

No Mesa Heads in the photo...................hmmm...........and a switch to the RJM foot controller.

i'll guess he's back on the triaxis' , I'm more curious about the 1x12's on the top of the 4x12's, possibly a coaxial speaker in those?

I read on twitter a while ago that JP was back with triaxis/2:90 on the g3 tour.
Maybe he want to use stereo-effects with axefx and that's easier with that combo

I read on twitter a while ago that JP was back with triaxis/2:90 on the g3 tour.
Maybe he want to use stereo-effects with axefx and that's easier with that combo

He also used Triaxis on the new record, and since the Triaxis has the sounds of the mark series as well, it's probably just easier to do that. Plus, I think the triaxis really has a lot more character than the Mk V. Played one a few weeks ago, and it blew my mind!

If he is doing a G3 tour, I would only assume this would be from a different budget then his Dream theatre budget, and you know how expensive a huge rig could cost to ship from town to town. Knowing that, it would make total sense to streamline his rig down to a small affordable durable rig in a indestructable case that could be put in the belly of the plane, and not bring a tech out with him. That would be awesome if he was just using the Fractal box, but if he isn't that's ok too. But for M@ to come all the way down from New jersey to just work on effects seems unlikely as well. So I would bet that if you could marry a triaxis tone with a cleaner tone from the Axe-fx you could get a monster epic, colossal tone that would sing for days.

I can see John using this smaller excursions as test beds for his bigger gigs with Dream theatre. What can I get away with with as little as possible.

I have compared a Triaxis with 2/90 side by side with my axe fx with matrix and the Mesa is punchier and really loud.
Not so versatile than axe fx rig of course but really impressive !
I love the Axe fx 2 but when you have the choice to play with some loud tubes amps, it's really a different kind of fun.
So I understand he is using the Axe only for effects.

I have compared a Triaxis with 2/90 side by side with my axe fx with matrix and the Mesa is punchier and really loud.
Not so versatile than axe fx rig of course but really impressive !
I love the Axe fx 2 but when you have the choice to play with some loud tubes amps, it's really a different kind of fun.
So I understand he is using the Axe only for effects.

Have you tried using the 2:90 with the Axe? How comparable was it with the Triaxis?

Have you tried using the 2:90 with the Axe? How comparable was it with the Triaxis?

No but I have played some times ago with a 2/90 with my Axe FX ultra.
It sounds good but too colored for the Axe FX if you are playing other amps than mesa boogie.
As I said the Mesa 2/90 has a lot of punch, more than the Matrix but this one is more neutral which is good for a versatile rig (and wayyy lighter)

Earlier I used triaxis/axefx2/2:90 with some pedals in front because 4CM didn't work well. Later on I ditched the triaxis and used 2:90 as poweramp with the axe. The cabs I used were 2 rectififer 4x12

Now I'm using AxeFX2 with gm50 module in 2x12 EVM. I've never been more satisfied with the sound! It's loud, sounds great and very easy to setup and carry =)

(My patches are mainly based on Mesa)

Back
Top Bottom