Petrucci Rig for G3

Cool Facebook post...and I agree:

John Petrucci
Bringing a Mesa Triaxis and 2:90 to S. America for G3 next month. Man, I forget how good that sounds!!

It is about time some manufacturer designs a new multi-channel midi channel switching pre amp that hooks up perfectly with the AFX in an 1U or 2U rack format.

Or let the manufactures of these old good sounding pre-amps like the tri-axis update there stuff please.

It is about time some manufacturer designs a new multi-channel midi channel switching pre amp that hooks up perfectly with the AFX in an 1U or 2U rack format.

Or let the manufactures of these old good sounding pre-amps like the tri-axis update there stuff please.

With you on that one....I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't responded to the axe by making more analog rack preamps or updating the old ones....they're instead still trying to sell you 50lb heads.....go figure right? :/

With you on that one....I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't responded to the axe by making more analog rack preamps or updating the old ones....they're instead still trying to sell you 50lb heads.....go figure right? :/

Well I was surprised a couple of weeks ago to see a demo from ADA. They are back to business and already have a preamp out (stomp format).
They have announced a reissue of the MP1.

WHAT!?! :eek: I thought they were OUT of business and folded for the last few years! :eek:
So they're back now with a new preamp and MP1? Fantastic!! :D got a link? I can't seem to find their new site....

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Sorry but I can't recall if I saw it on Guitarrist Mag (iPad version) or the iGuitar web issue but they did mention they were working on a reissue of the MP1. Also said it wouldn't be in the short term though.

We'll have to wait and see, I was a big fan in the early 90's. Even got to buy one on eBay a few years back. It was beaten up and smelled funny but was still functional, had fun a couple times and finally ended up trading it.

Cool Facebook post...and I agree:

John Petrucci
Bringing a Mesa Triaxis and 2:90 to S. America for G3 next month. Man, I forget how good that sounds!!

I use to own that same setup.....don't miss it at all. Great cleans and high gain, but mid gain sucked.

I use to own that same setup.....don't miss it at all. Great cleans and high gain, but mid gain sucked.

Exactly the reason why some manufactures should update their gear. Would love a midi switchable 3 channel pre amp with clean/crunch/hi gain and fully adapted to the effects part of the AFX in effects loop or WDW setup.

JP and Maddi are setting up this rig this week while in G3 rehearsals. It will either be 4CM or just Axe-FX II for effects after the preamp. Should be a nice little rig.

Back
Top Bottom