Petrucci Match EQ Mark IV Preset!!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Eyy! So I know some of you guys wish you had the tone matching in your Ultra/Standard. I'm here to tell you it's possible and I'm sharing Petrucci's tone from "Black Clouds and Silver Linings". Here's a quick clip with delay and tube screamer on. To get the rhythm tone from Shattered Fortress, simply disable the drive and delay. I used my JPXI which was the same guitar Petrucci used on this album so this patch should work on all guitars and doesn't have any guitar specific weirdness.

Have fun and if you use this tone let me know. :)

Attachments

• Shattered Fortress Solo.syx
    2 KB · Views: 634
  • SHATTERED FORTRESS.syx
    8 KB · Views: 566
This is killer CK.

The best Petrucci Rhythm and Solo patch I have used yet. Will become my main from now on.

Thanks so much!

One quick question, how do we best modify this patch to get that double-tracked sound?

EDIT: Holy crap. I have been playing along to some DT songs, music on the left and axe-fx on the right, and the guitar tone sits right in the mix! It is pretty amazing. Very difficult to hear any difference in tone from the albums (besides JP much better playing and mastering e.t.c). Very impressed man!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words guys! :) I hope everyone got this patch working. I'll make more match EQ when I hear something I like. Right now I'm in the process of "profiling" the amps that I can get hold of. Gonna do a better one of my Orange Rockerverb. Mesa Mark IV coming in too... I could probably score a Recto also so should be fun. :) I might share them if people are interested.

Hey Clark, thanks for the patch, it really sounds amazing. I've been trying to dial that kind of tone with either the stock cabs, Red Wirez Mesa, Ownhammers Mesa and some EQing, thinking that this way I'd have more tweaking options from that starting point. Unfortunately, it seems its always missing a little something... can't quite put my finger on it. It just doesn't sound right in a mix. Do you have any patch that you could share that sounds similar, but is made from a regular cab block and EQ instead of the match EQ? Or any tips maybe?

Thanks! Oh and those incoming match EQs sound promising!

Well there are no impulses made out of the cab that Petrucci is using. That cab is the Mesa Stiletto 4x12 also known as "Traditional" cabinet. I think that's the problem actually.

thank you in advance! I just downloaded those patches and I'm so eager to try them sometime in the upcoming weeks! Thank you a*gain :)

No problem guys! The Cali cab might be the Traditional cab but I'd love to see OwnHammer or Redwirez do it since with the Axe cabs it's always one mic position.

Back
Top Bottom