Petrucci-ish Crunch and Lead Patches (plus IR)

VidarAus

Experienced
Hey All,

Not much action on the Axe Gen 1 forum these days. Thought I might add some patches for people to try out nonetheless.

The IR is the BEST I have found and is a Tone Match that Clark Kent put together. The man sure does create some tasty IR goodness. Just drop it in for all of the patches.

You will see a strange double GEQ routing going on in the patches - don't ask me why but it adds a lot to the tone on my system and I don't want to fiddle with it to 'look' more sensible in case I ruin the tone :)

This is my current go to crunch and lead presets. I think if you live some place where you can really crank the volume, the low gain patch would sing beautifully and have a lot of that earlier Petrucci vibe with less gain and more of the guitars natural tone and nuances coming through.

On another note, I really wish I could crank the axe through a big system sometimes. There is so much compromise when crafting patches for low volume situations. Need to use heaps more gain and lose all the guitar / speaker interaction and the natural, controlled feedback e.t.c. Electric guitar was meant to be played loud!

Anyways, if you like the patches let me know! Would love to hear some recordings to see if these translate to other systems at all. Oh, these were set up for playing through studio monitors.

Also, tweaked using a Petrucci BFR 6 String. When I try to craft the same tones with my Ibanez it just doesn't seem to work. Axe is very picky with guitars :)

Cheers,

VidarAus

Attachments

• My Crunch 2.syx
    2 KB · Views: 279
  • My Lead.syx
    2 KB · Views: 248
  • My Lead Lower Gain.syx
    2 KB · Views: 188
  • Shattered Fortress IR.syx
    8 KB · Views: 198
Haha... I don't even remember ever doing that IR. :D But it's ridiculously easy since you can get the stems for that song.

Hello!

Thank you for your splendid contributions. Worked wonderfully!
PRS SE Custom 24 and PRS SE Semi Hollow (diggin' more the C24 for these patches!) and KRK Rokit 6.

Cheers mate!

Roo.

Back
Top Bottom