Petrucci interview in Premier Guitar: no mention of the Axe-FX

The same in his latest Guitar World cover story. He only talks about using a lot of TC gear

It's just about the Money...he Endorses Tc, Boogie, etc..FAS doesn't Pay anything to their Users...they have to buy it like any Other here...Phil Demmel from Machine Head uses it, but insists of Not to mention this in Interviews because he does Not feel very "supported" $$$$$$$ by FAS...

so if a "Pro" feels free to say: "it's great, i use it, cause it's Good...." Without getting Cash from the manufacturer/distributor....
...i think this is the highest Form of appreciation...

It's just about the Money...he Endorses Tc, Boogie,

John Petrucci has paid for every single piece of mesa boogie gear he owns or has ever personally owned. He's never got anything for free... he can borrow stuff/try new things/get stuff sent to anywhere to use- but if its his- he has to pay for it.

Same with Metallica, Santana, Paul McCartney

Painters use different brushed, paints and colors... Muso's basically do the same... If he had to mention all the gear he owns the list would probably be scary!

Does it matter who endorses the Axe? Aren't your ears enough? How about your heart skipping a beat when the solo sounds so sweet? What about your band mates giving you the "I hate you" look?

I can go on and on...

I love my Axe! That is all that matters.

Yep. Don't give a crap who uses it. The question that matters the most is, does it work for me? For me, the answer is yes.

Yep. Don't give a crap who uses it. The question that matters the most is, does it work for me? For me, the answer is yes.

Me too, artist endorsement is a nonsense in so many ways. I have a Musicman JP6 because it is a nice guitar, not because it was designed to JP's specifications.

Me too, artist endorsement is a nonsense in so many ways. I have a Musicman JP6 because it is a nice guitar, not because it was designed to JP's specifications.
Couldn't agree more
It just struck me as a bit strange since I just visited the Fractal homepage and JP was the first featured artist I saw and at the same time I got the issue of Premier Guitar in the mailbox.

I myself don't give a hoot about who plays what or why, I just use what works for me.

I'd argue endorsement is a HUGE fact in the Axe... to me part of it is acceptance...

And when people see guys like Vai/Petrucci/Megadeth/DZ eliminate racks full of gear for a single processor- it says a lot...

If it sounded as good as it does BUT was NOT embraced as it is- i think many would have trouble pulled the trigger on a $2000+ piece of gear they've never played in person....

I bought my First Axefx (was a Standard) cause I wanted the best Amp&Cab Modeler available...i gave aShit on the pro's playing it...and i still do.

One of the reasons why so many Big names in the Music scene avoid it to use the Axe is their Sense of responsibility to their roadcrow (just my 2c..) so the traditionalists and the Big ones who can afford it (like Maiden, Metallica, ACDC, etc.) want to keep the Jobs for their amptechs and roadies alive...as a Part of their Family they keep 'em...and i think this is a Great behaviour...

This is just a guess but I would assume that John probably doesn't use the Axe Fx in the studio that much. When you're set up in the studio for weeks on end where things can be set up and tweaked forever you usually don't worry about space / cartage concerns which is why the Axe Fx has become so popular for minimizing rigs on the road.

Does it really matter if John Petrucci is using the Axe FxII or not. Like I really care about that.... I am one of the biggest Petrucci fans but I use the Axe FxII for all my amp and effects,I use the box entirely and I am completely satisfied. That is what matters at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom