Pete Thorn's Suhr SL68 Tone Match

Sounds great Pete. What are your thoughts on the Slate VCC plugin? Assuming you must like it - wondering if it's a must-buy in your opinion...

Pete …,

Not sure which forum you frequent the most, so I’ll post this on a couple of ‘em ….

Can you comment on what you’d to to the TONE MATCH Axe- preset to pump it up for a solo ?

Would you just use the internal +12db boost in the Amp block ? Or would you use a dirt pedal to add more gain ( like a real amp ) … ?

THANKS ….

The guys that commented saying they heard a "HUGE" difference are the Tube purists and the kemper snobs defending their platform thats all that is. someone should make a video of the same amp being played twice but claim one is the axefx TM. I can hear them saying how the claimed axefx one just wasnt as good or sounded too compressed and digital!

I dont think that was the case as far as Kemper people making comments. One of the worst was a young kid that owned an Axe-FX( I watched one of his vids) who could play I might add LOL. I didn't agree with anything he said and was doing the kid thing. Have you tried a Kemper?. I have and its a really nice unit Its right up there With Axe-FX. Totally different operating system and feel. The guy makes a great synth also

I love Pete's stuff - his playing, his gear reviews, his videos and his music.

Great stuff Pete - as always.

To my ears the TM version had less highs. I liked it better. Both sounded great and pete doesn't suck chopwise. . . Lol. Pretty sure he could get a good tone out of a gorilla amp.

Back
Top Bottom