Pete Thorn with Axe-II

Can always count on Pete to dial in some nice authentic sounding amp tones. Great video!

That said....there's a little too much saturation on most of the tones for my taste. Almost sounds like the Tech21 analog emulation sound. A little too "tubey sounding" there.....something sounds off. Not sure what.

Last edited:
Wow, I love Pete's playing.

You can really here the Axe FX picking dynamics in his demos. In this one especially towards the end where he goes from hard picking to light.

Man I can't wait.

Pete's a bad ass player and a very cool guy to boot. Love it. Friedman BE, Buttery and Trainwreck stood out for me... killer stuff.

I'm sitting here watching Pete's video lesson, and then this pops up ! DAMN ....

I guess he was the mysterious "artist" that borrowed the II from Tone Merchants for a couple of days ....

The Trainwreck sim section at the end with the different pick attacks is the most impressive thing I've heard/seen from the new unit yet.

Yep. Will have one. Soon.

And Pete was one of my favorite players before I even knew who the heck he was. :)

@ smilefan & Cainer ...,

While I don't necessarily disagree with your "harsh" comments, I'd ask you to check out Pete's Suhr SL68 Demo. He likes his tones with a healthy dose of "cut" in 'em ....

Personally, I like it that way myself too. Usually sits a little better w/less EQ'ing ....

But that's just my humble opinion ....

I'm sure Pete could've dialed anything he wanted, that's just what he chose on that day.

@ smilefan & Cainer ...,

While I don't necessarily disagree with your "harsh" comments, I'd ask you to check out Pete's Suhr SL68 Demo. He likes his tones with a healthy dose of "cut" in 'em ....

So does Brad Paisley, but it doesn't feel like 80 grit sandpaper on my eardrums when I listen to him.;)~

Hmm.

After hearing the other clips, I'd say 2 things (okay, 3)

-The recording seemed too hot for most of the models (Shiva okay, Buttery was very good, and Wrecker was borderline...)
-Pete makes me want to 'get back in the Gym...'
-The 'amp in the room' question has been thoroughly put to rest.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom