Pete Thorn rig update July 2012

protocosm

Inspired
A lot of changes in the rig. A stereo rig with the CAA head pt100 and a Friedman BE 100.
Friedman is used as a poweramp.
Send from the Custom Audio into the board (Strymon Timedelay and the Line 6 M9 effects) and then back to the return of both amps.
Friedman is also used as a back-up.
AKG digital wireless system: rocksolid and killer sound.
Two Suhrs and a Taylor acoustic 8-series.

Poolguitarblog: Pete Thorn Tour Rig Rundown, July 2012

Pete Thorn also wrote the following comment (see below the video, on YouTube)

I have the Axe 2, using at home, and I have an ultra in my w/d/w 12 space rack rig. I need to program the Axe 2 for melissa's gig- my Ultra i use on this gig was damaged beyond repair earlier this year, so i moved to this rig then. I'll probably still use an Axe 2 with melissa for certain dates

Pete Thorn also wrote the following comment (see below the video, on YouTube)

I have the Axe 2, using at home, and I have an ultra in my w/d/w 12 space rack rig. I need to program the Axe 2 for melissa's gig- my Ultra i use on this gig was damaged beyond repair earlier this year, so i moved to this rig then. I'll probably still use an Axe 2 with melissa for certain dates

True, Pete has a lot of gear. I mean A LOT!! He can pick and choose whatever is appropriate for that gig. For some gigs there is a limit on what you can take because of the weight and cost of transport. That's one reason to choose certain stuff.

I trip across this last week or so
Pete Thorn's New Pedalboard, a Full Demonstration - YouTube

pedal board he just had built, the video was dated May of this year, looks like he might be going old school as far as playing live.
I kind-of get that from the video were he discusses, how he wanted the board versatile as possible for whatever situation.

Cool board BTW !!

I posted that weeks ago on this forum and my blog. If search this forum you'll find along with some comments of Pete.
I wrote to Pete about it and he appreciates the posts on my blog. Thanks for bringing that up though 'cause it's a great demo.
Pete's a great guy.

Back
Top Bottom