Pete Thorn Plexi preset

greiswig

Power User
I find it interesting to compare the tones that I put down in my presets with others who, at least theoretically, know a lot that I do not. Pete's free presets sat pretty well in my monitors and on my HB guitar. But that Plexi preset...man, does that seem bright!

I don't know if I just need to train my ear to hear tones differently, or if I'm doing things right for what I'm after and other people just have different tastes, or what. I feel like my less-bright tones also sit pretty well in mixes I do.

I don't think it's super bright. It's a bit hollow in the mids and too much low bass for my tastes though. I noticed the low end thing in his clip of it too, no room for the bass guitar really.

Btw, does this preset clip like crazy for anyone else? My low E went straight to crackle town.

I find it interesting to compare the tones that I put down in my presets with others who, at least theoretically, know a lot that I do not. Pete's free presets sat pretty well in my monitors and on my HB guitar. But that Plexi preset...man, does that seem bright!

I don't know if I just need to train my ear to hear tones differently, or if I'm doing things right for what I'm after and other people just have different tastes, or what. I feel like my less-bright tones also sit pretty well in mixes I do.

He cut everything below 500Hz on the Amp's Input EQ.

Last edited:
Pete’s presets have always tended to be bright, and they work so well. I greatly appreciate him sharing these presets with us.

Regarding this Plexi preset - it sounds so wide. But there’s no stereo effects, right? No enhancer. How does it sound so wide?

Pete’s presets have always tended to be bright, and they work so well. I greatly appreciate him sharing these presets with us.

Regarding this Plexi preset - it sounds so wide. But there’s no stereo effects, right? No enhancer. How does it sound so wide?
Room reverb in the cab block.

Back
Top Bottom