PETE THORN AXE-FX II PRESETS AND CAB IR!

This...Is... Awesome!

TommyBoy-3.jpg

Ya maybe the Fractal guys can shed some light on the discrepancy!

I'd like to be sure that the presets load properly for everyone, with the tone match. It is subtle, but it just "closes the gap", making the patches almost indistinguishable from the real thing, in a direct A/B. I'd say it's the final 15%.

There's no free lunches. The final 15% is maybe your PU's, the way you play - but it's a great way for all the dudes in here to sit at home and having just a feel about being in your studio.

I just added a quick comment but really need to applause you for your effort. I know this has been a long journey for you to finally taking the time to share with us inbetween gigs. Few pro-guitarists would proably just be happy to be "endorsed", but you find the time to share - especially from the POV that you have used maybe thousands of hours in your studio. And I appreciate what you did for TC when I was part of the G-System gang.

And now I have to shred some serious Suhr.

I don't know Pete but he certainly seems like one hell of a good guy and someone that would be cool to hang out and have a beer with. Much health, happiness and prosperity to you Pete Thorn!

Wow these are great Pete. Thank you so much.

For the record they loaded with AxeEdit but the Tonematch block didn't sound right. Reloaded with FractalBot and the Tone Match block worked properly. The Tone Match is fairly subtle. The IR is great.

Anyway thanks again.

Do not use Axe-edit 1.9 with 11.

Looking forward to trying this stuff out- thanks for fitting this into your schedule Pete. I've been waiting for a while to see some IR's from pros like yourself.. more so than presets, etc. That's the money..

I'd like to be sure that the presets load properly for everyone, with the tone match. It is subtle, but it just "closes the gap", making the patches almost indistinguishable from the real thing, in a direct A/B. I'd say it's the final 15%.

Yep, use Fractal-Bot.

Regarding the tone match block: take a look at the graph in the Process tab of the tone match block - you can see it's fairly flat - Pete dialed the tones in very (very, very) close prior to the tone match. The tone match block is just providing some fine adjustments to make the match exact. But it's already quite close (and a fine tone in its own right) without it.

IR's are a huge deal- just like real cabs- at least as big as the amp (or amp model) to the final tone. IMHO. Glad you like it! I worked hard to dial it in. Most IR's leave something to be desired, I find. I always wish for a bit less of something, a bit more of something else. Making my own finally made me happy :)

Looking forward to trying the patches & especially the IR. I agree totally & have always felt the IRs are the weak link in the whole modeling chain.

IR's are a huge deal- just like real cabs- at least as big as the amp (or amp model) to the final tone. IMHO. Glad you like it! I worked hard to dial it in. Most IR's leave something to be desired, I find. I always wish for a bit less of something, a bit more of something else. Making my own finally made me happy :)
Couldn't agree more! I tried a few amp models with the IR in a mix, and it had just the right amount of blend between the various frequencies. And of course, thank you so much for the work you put in! This is going to elevate the Axe even further. It's really something...

Pete, thanks VERY much for these. Tried these out with my Les Paul and Brian Moore - just outstanding!! Made two patches from each tone match. The first ones are completely "stock", the others have the TV Mix IR and your IR together; both produce outstanding results.

With all you have going on, the fact that you took the time to do this really says a lot about you!! Thank you again!

For the record they loaded with AxeEdit but the Tonematch block didn't sound right. Reloaded with FractalBot and the Tone Match block worked properly. The Tone Match is fairly subtle. The IR is great.
Thanks for the heads up!
Reloaded with the bot, and the T-match now works. It is incredible.

Amazing Pete, thanks so much for sharing these!! I watch your gear reviews religiously and I hear great tone after great tone, the playing probably helps a little too 8) I just wondered if you had ever considered doing a custom IR pack and selling it. I know that there are not many people out there who can mike a guitar cab like you do and it would give us mere mortals access to some of the best sounding mic'd cabs on the planet, just a thought.

Cheers

Spence

Back
Top Bottom