Perspective

Any Gen 1 Axe Fx owner that is not admitting to feeling some level of disappointment, no matter how short in duration, by this announcement is either kidding themselves or suffering from short term memory loss.

Perhaps the duration of the disappointment is directly attributed to the length of ownership.

I personally hold absolutely no ill will towards FAS, quite the opposite. I do fully admit that for about 10 or 15 minutes, I was disappointed by the news.

A lot of this can be really easily resolved if FAS would make a public statement as to their intentions for ongoing support of Gen 1 units. They either will or will not, but nobody knows that right now for sure. The fact that the statement has not been officially made only fuels the fire further.

For the record, I feel that FAS owes me nothing. I have a great piece of gear that I enjoy and rediscover on a daily basis, which has received superior quality customer service and suppor. Can't ask for more than that.

As a Gen 1 owner I can assure you that I felt absolutely no disappointment at all. Not even an inkling. Why would I? My Ultra kicks ass. Will I grab a II? It is highly likely. But that doesn't make me feel bad about having the Ultra.

How did you lose money?

Are you late to the party?

If I sell the Ultra today I could get 1500 for it if I'm lucky or a bout an 800 loss in a few weeks since my purchase. If I'd of known anything about the new one I'd of waited and not lost anything and would of had the new hot rod to play through.

That's how

Jay-
All the her that you mentioned, if quality, would hold it's value over time. Except the axefx.
When those vintage items were new - and I specifically remember this - they lost most of their market value when the company that manufactured them superseded them. It was only years later that their market value recovered. Neither you nor I can say what will be the market value of the Axe-Fx in 20 or 30 years, but there is ample precedent for the best examples of DSP products (e.g., Lexicon 224XL) recovering substantial market value many years after their discontinuation.

From what I see, you haven't made many points to support the product release strategy that was adopted here.
That's because I have not attempted to defend that strategy. It is a fact that neither FAS nor any other company owes anybody advance information about product plans. There will always be a last purchaser of a product that is then discontinued. It may suck to actually be that person - although, in this case, protests to that effect are unfounded - but someone will always be in that position.

I'm sorry but many of us fail to see the validity on those points.
You miss my point. Reread my list of the options you have. Bitching here changes none of those. It is what it is. Get over it, and move on, one way or the other.

Last edited:
Any Gen 1 Axe Fx owner that is not admitting to feeling some level of disappointment, no matter how short in duration, by this announcement is either kidding themselves or suffering from short term memory loss.

I'm just disappointed that I couldn't snag an Ultra for $800.00. I did get one just not for that.

Are you late to the party?

If I sell the Ultra today I could get 1500 for it if I'm lucky or a bout an 800 loss in a few weeks since my purchase. If I'd of known anything about the new one I'd of waited and not lost anything and would of had the new hot rod to play through.

That's how

In other words, you haven't lost any money.

Before the Axe-FX II was announced, were you planning on selling the Ultra?

BTW, $1995 - 1500 = 495.

Are you asking me to better the product or better the release strategy. If the release strategy, I've already made it clear how I would have preferred it. I you're asking me to better the product in some way...it's as stupid as me telling you to learn medicine instead if going to a doctor when you get sick

Don't get me wrong. I respect in whatever way you have contributed to the community. But your argument is just plain wrong. If you mean to say that I should accept a mistake by a business without saying anything, because I did not participate in the business, that argument doesn't hold much water n

thepacifist20130:

Yes, there are many problems:
- Customer relation management
- Purchase process (online store, selling overseas)
- Wasting valuable presets in forum (never going to find them, cant search them)
- Beta, buggy Axe-Edit

etc.
You can get all mad about them.

But it is what it is. Can't change it.

You can have your opinion, but until you do it better than FAS, your only option is to accept it or leave it.
I didn't accept the the current state of preset storing so I built one which serves us until Axe-Edit comes out with better version. Whenever it is.
I received a lot of expectation like I was part of FAS, because people got used to that everything should work immediately on all level "like apple" products.
Well, I am not apple, neither FAS.

So, f you know it better, then show it to us, how it suppose to be.

Please don't project your personal insecurites on the grownups here. There are a few of us, and we tend to take offense at such baseless generalizations.

Perhaps the duration of the disappointment is directly attributed to the length of ownership.

I personally hold absolutely no ill will towards FAS, quite the opposite. I do fully admit that for about 10 or 15 minutes, I was disappointed by the news.

A lot of this can be really easily resolved if FAS would make a public statement as to their intentions for ongoing support of Gen 1 units. They either will or will not, but nobody knows that right now for sure. The fact that the statement has not been officially made only fuels the fire further.

For the record, I feel that FAS owes me nothing. I have a great piece of gear that I enjoy and rediscover on a daily basis, which has received superior quality customer service and suppor. Can't ask for more than that.

Exactly the opposite for me. The announcement of the II seemed insanely good. Especially after reading more about what it can do and how a ton of the gripes I've read on this forum were addressed by the II. Kudos to FAS!!!!!!

I'm a recent Ultra owner... bought late last year... I think? anyway fairly recently.

When the II was announced, my first thought was, snag one right away.

I was a long time lurker b4 I bought the Ultra, and once I bought it, I wished I had taken the plunge much sooner.

Not gonna hestiate on the II.

Edit: And I did sell my Ultra already.

- Richard

Last edited:

Before the Axe-FX II was announced, were you planning on selling the Ultra?

What part of " I would of waited and bought the new hot rod " didn't you get. Then I wouldn't have to sell anything at a loss to finance the next purchase of the AxeII which I'm sure is amazing .

And for what it's worth, not that it's any of your business, the Ultra, with shipping and interest for a short term loan cost me $2300. So that's a loss if I sold it today of 800.

Of course I'm not gonna sell it 'til this whole mess plays itself out. But like I've said before in other recent threads the Ultra sounds great, but in Fractals own words the AxeII is twice the box.

What part of " I would of waited and bought the new hot rod " didn't you get.
That's nothing but woulda coulda shoulda talk. Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug. Shit happens.

the Ultra, with shipping and interest for a short term loan cost me $2300.
Dayum. Depending on the length of that "short term" loan, that's an APR of as much as 120%. So, exactly how is it that, in your mind, FAS carries any moral liability for your borrowing practices?

What part of " I would of waited and bought the new hot rod " didn't you get. Then I wouldn't have to sell anything at a loss to finance the next purchase of the AxeII which I'm sure is amazing .

And for what it's worth, not that it's any of your business, the Ultra, with shipping and interest for a short term loan cost me $2300. So that's a loss if I sold it today of 800.

Of course I'm not gonna sell it 'til this whole mess plays itself out. But like I've said before in other recent threads the Ultra sounds great, but in Fractals own words the AxeII is twice the box.

Oh, and you have a kick ass guitar processor.

2100 for a year? You do the math!

Well, you know the old saying" Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me"

They Won't Get A Chance!

Over And Out

That's nothing but woulda coulda shoulda talk. Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.

This seems to be the core of the issue.

I was thinking over a number of technology purchases I've made over the last 7 years. With some, my timing has been excellent, and I bought early in the life-cycle of the product. With others a "new/better" product came out shortly after. I've also hesitated and done without because I feared a new product was just around the corner. All of this was my choice.

The need to release new product and introduce change is pervasive in business. Innovation and improvement is necessary, yet it has a downside if you can call it that. Some customers will be pleased with the change and some will not. It's you who will decide if you're the windshield or the bug. You will also have choose how to deal with that. A Fractal strength is our access to the company founder and product architect. That access is a privilege, not a right. If you're unhappy then by all means express that and make your case, but do so professionally and with decorum. If you don't, you put at risk the access and openness we've enjoyed for many years.

Terry.

The "would of" part. Also the "I'd of" and "could of" stuff. Dude, "of" is not the same word as "have".
[/pedantic grammar correction]

Oh I see the "Grammar Police" are here too and he plays a Squier, LOL That Figures!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom