AFIII Persnally, the Analog vs Digital battle is over!! (JCM800 A/B clip)

edo

Power User
Vendor
I think I'm going to post in the wish section to stop messing with the modeling, it just can't get any better than this! Can it??

In this clip I plugged into the af3, sent an output to the jcm800 input, jcm800 output into a torpedo captor x with cab sim bypassed, and form the captor back into the af3 input 2, using the same Celestion IR for both clips. The tone, the feel, just amazing!

Last edited:
Can't tell which is which but I prefer B just because haring it I feel it might be an easier tone to play with.

@edo, do you anticipate having to do much of an update to the fx3 amp settings in your preset packs? Btw, On your anthem presets, I had tweaked some amp settings to my liking. But with Cygnus, I have found myself reloading your original presets b/c they now sound better than my tweaks.

To me the second is clearly much more bright and brittle for what it’s worth.
You're hearing things in reverse!

Clip B is warmer, more spongy.

But yeah, looking forward to the official FW release of Cygnus X-1, Book II: Hemispheres🤘

My perception from my studio monitors (Adam S2A) is that the first clip might sound a little brighter because clip #2 has a little more weight in the bottom end. But that could be because my JCM800 is the 20W studio version which I would assume has a smaller transformer and can't produce the full bass frequencies of its bigger brothers. Other than that, the feel is incredible, and probably if you compare 2 real jcm800's they're never going to be exactly 1:1.
To answer @Glenn Wiebe I plan on updating all my packs (as well as publishing the unfinished ones) once Cygnus final is out, although I did check aa few presets and the ones that use vox sims sound quite good already. The presets that use the tweed deluxe might need some tweaking, but I'm totally positive they will sound better than ever!

Back
Top Bottom