Persistent control switch state when switching back and forth between scenes

Gizmo

Inspired
I know that I can set the control switch value as on or off in a given scene. Is there a way to set it so it doesn't reset when switching back and forth between scenes like other blocks? Example, I'm in scene one and turn on delay. I then go to scene two and when I go back to scene one, the delay is still on until I turn it off. If I'm in scene one and turn on cs switch (used as amp boost) and then go to another scene and back again, it has reset to off again. If I'm playing rhythm and the particular song sounds better with boost on, when I come back to my rhythm scene after playing lead, I have to remember to turn on boost again. Am I overlooking a setting for this?

Scene Revert
The current state (engaged or bypassed) of an effect block can't be carried over from the current scene to another one dynamically. In other words: the state is pre-set.

There's an exception for the situation where you return to a previously recalled scene. By default the processor remembers which block states were changed by the player in a scene. When you switch to another scene and then return to the previous scene (without changing presets), the device will recall the state of the effect blocks as they were when switching away from that scene.

If you prefer the to always recall a scene in its initial stored state (recalling blocks in their saved states), turn on the parameter SCENE REVERT in the I/O > MIDI menu (Axe-Fx II, FX8, AX8) or the MIDI/Remote menu (Axe-Fx III).

Note that SCENE REVERT applies only to scene switching via MIDI, FC controller or MIDI controllers. It doesn't kick in when switching scenes on the hardware itself. SCENE REVERT doesn't work with PC Mapping.

Hope this helps.

i think the options are On, Off, and Last? Last would keep the last state if i remember correctly.
I tried setting it to last and it didn't make a difference. If I turn it on in one scene, go to anther scene and then go back, it is turned off again.

Scene Revert
The current state (engaged or bypassed) of an effect block can't be carried over from the current scene to another one dynamically. In other words: the state is pre-set.

There's an exception for the situation where you return to a previously recalled scene. By default the processor remembers which block states were changed by the player in a scene. When you switch to another scene and then return to the previous scene (without changing presets), the device will recall the state of the effect blocks as they were when switching away from that scene.
The state of the effect block (in my example delay) being remembered when coming back to a previous scene is working as expected. I'm asking about the state of the control switch. In my example, I turn CS for amp boost in one scene. When I switch scenes (not presets) and come back to that scene it is off again. I would like for it to stay on until I turn it off or switch presets.

I tried setting it to last and it didn't make a difference. If I turn it on in one scene, go to anther scene and then go back, it is turned off again.
i'll test when i get home. may be a bug, not sure.

The state of the effect block (in my example delay) being remembered when coming back to a previous scene is working as expected. I'm asking about the state of the control switch. In my example, I turn CS for amp boost in one scene. When I switch scenes (not presets) and come back to that scene it is off again. I would like for it to stay on until I turn it off or switch presets.
Ahhh control switch. Yeah I thought it should work the same way. Hmmm interesting. Ill have to try and see myself.

Working as expected here for me.

Did you set all your scenes in that preset to the Last setting for that control switch? If not, the On or Off setting will always override when switching to that scene.

In Axe Edit it's under the Controllers button > CS per Scene

On the front panel it's under the FS Per Preset menu > CS per Scene tab

External controllers maintain their state between presets, but that may require additional equipment. I also think the two pedal controllers on the Ax3 (not FC) persist across preset changes and scenes. So depending on how many things you want to carry over, you could get away with some latching footswitches, or a midi controller sending CCs.

Working as expected here for me.

Did you set all your scenes in that preset to the Last setting for that control switch?
Hmmm ... It's possible I didn't set all the scenes to last. I thought I did the two I was switching between, but I'll need to double check when I have a chance tomorrow. Thanks

Okay, so if I set all the scenes to last, then I have to turn it off on scenes that don't need it. I guess I'll just need to make a dedicated scene with the boost off or on instead.

You can mix and match settings per scene as needed, but the on or off setting will override and change the current state of the switch anytime that scene is loaded. The Last setting keeps the switch it however it was set in the previous scene.

In the effect block itself there is an ignore scene button below the bypass button. This seems to do what the OP is asking if I understand correctly. Not sure if this is a new feature.

I know that I can set the control switch value as on or off in a given scene. Is there a way to set it so it doesn't reset when switching back and forth between scenes like other blocks? Example, I'm in scene one and turn on delay. I then go to scene two and when I go back to scene one, the delay is still on until I turn it off. If I'm in scene one and turn on cs switch (used as amp boost) and then go to another scene and back again, it has reset to off again. If I'm playing rhythm and the particular song sounds better with boost on, when I come back to my rhythm scene after playing lead, I have to remember to turn on boost again. Am I overlooking a setting for this?

Check in the controllers menu that the control switch states are not set to "last" or "on" in the scenes your switching too. Theres an option to set all to off (bottom right). I usually set that all to off when building a new preset and then begin adding control switches from there.

Back
Top Bottom