Wish Permanent Tuning/Mute Switch

Ernie Echo

Ability to program a permanent Tuning/Mute Switch on the FC-12, so that a program change sent by a laptop to change a Preset via MIDI does not kick the switch out of tuning-mode. That would be helpful in a live situation, e.g. if a laptop starts a longer backing track intro to be able to continue tuning while a new preset is loaded „in the background“. See also https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc-12-permanent-mute-switch.151330/

Last edited:
Ability to program a permanent Mute/Tuning Switch on the FC-12, so that a program change sent by a laptop to change a Preset via MIDI does not kick the switch out of tuning-mode. That would be helpful in a live situation, e.g. if a laptop starts a longer backing track intro to be able to continue tuning while a new preset is loaded „in the background“. See also https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc-12-permanent-mute-switch.151330/
I think the real wish here is for the Axe III to stay in tuner mode after it receives a preset-change command. True?

+1

can't tell you how many times I'm at a gig and go to tune on one guitar/preset, need to switch to a different preset, and get feedback because it goes out of tuner mode as soon as I switch presets.

I would love this as well, a switchable "master mute" that is independent of preset switching or other button presses, stays muted until I say. Not sure if it's possible. With the Ax8 I've always used the mute/tuner switch on my Shure wireless pedal receiver to mute/tune when I change guitars and presets between songs. I go back and forth between electric and acoustic, using the same receiver going into input 1 so I prefer to stay muted while I'm clicking around on footswitches. Just in case I hit the wrong preset while holding the acoustic... because instant feedback. Don't ask me how I know.

Now with the III it'd be nice to keep the receiver at the rack and have nothing at my feet but the FC and only run one XLR cable.

I +1'd this because I can see it being an issue for me in the future. Right now I can't use the tuner mid song because Inputs 1 & 2's mutes are tied together (therefore my bassist gets muted). I'm sure if that wasn't the case, I'd have ran into your issue as well

+1 from me as well! I use Acoustic and Electric with the Axe-Fx and the same cable. When i plug in the Acoustic Guitar and Tap through Presets, i often get Feedback as well, because i cross an Electric/Amp Preset with High Gain.

+1 from me as well! I use Acoustic and Electric with the Axe-Fx and the same cable. When i plug in the Acoustic Guitar and Tap through Presets, i often get Feedback as well, because i cross an Electric/Amp Preset with High Gain.
Page over to the Preset page for a list. Nav to the preset you want and press Enter without changing presets the whole time.

Big +1 on this from me - gigged my Axe FX III/FC12 combo for the first time last weekend and it going off tuner mode when switching to the next preset was causing me all kinds of problems with feedback when there was meant to be silence. Please implement an option for tuner to only switch off when the FC tuner footswitch is pressed Fractal, would be a huge help!

Back
Top Bottom