Permanent hiss/ sough

EclipticGuy

Hello Guys,

i have been reading comments in this forum for a while now and is has been really helpful and amzing so far.
I decided to sign uo myselfe and brought some kind of problem aswell :D
Maybe someone you can help with that.
So one basic questions first.
Is it normal that a lot of presets have a permanent hiss/ sough in them. I sit like one meter away from the axe, maybe it could be my pickups microphoning or to much gain but then again there are some presets which does not have that.
I also made some presets myselfe which sound good but have that same hiss.

Sorry for possible bad English.
Greetings from Germany :)

most of the time i use headphones (beyerdynamic dt990 pro) either pluged in on the frotpanel of the axe or in a steinberg ur22 which i use for recording aswell. my guitar is a ltd loaded with bkp juggernauts.
i should also mention that if i move away from the axe that hiss is getting quieter.

It usually happens when you have a gainy amp on the amp block. When the master is turned up, the hiss appears, so it would in the real world. Try turning the gate on, see if this helps. If it helps, then I think this is the problem.

most of the time i use headphones (beyerdynamic dt990 pro) either pluged in on the frotpanel of the axe or in a steinberg ur22 which i use for recording aswell. my guitar is a ltd loaded with bkp juggernauts.
i should also mention that if i move away from the axe that hiss is getting quieter.
is your computer screen on when this happens?

What about the noise gate? Do you have it set correctly? I am assuming you hear this mostly when you are not playing?

What about the noise gate? Do you have it set correctly? I am assuming you hear this mostly when you are not playing?
When the gate kicks in there i silence. Its more like when i play a single note and dont hit the string to hard, you hear more of a hiss then the acutal note because the hiss is louder. It seems that it has to do with the amp block but i didnt even put so much gain on it. i have presets with a lot more and they dont have that.

Back
Top Bottom