• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Periphery - Zero tone test

Hey guys :)

So... I recently bought a new guitar, the Jackson MM HT7 (as the fanboy I am :p) and of course I wanted to test a Periphery song with it! I have to say, the BKP Juggernaughts are very nice pickups, I played Seymour Duncan Nazgul and Sentient before (they are great as well) but the mid profile is not that good and they are a bit fizzy.
For this kinda sound I didn't do anything terribly different than normal. For the Guitar Preset the signal chain is the following:
Gate -> Comp. -> Dist. Pedal -> Gate -> Amp -> Cab -> Gate
For the amp I used the Friedman HBE V1, slightly boosted mids, treble and presence and thats it. The bright switch is deactivated btw, cause I didn't like the fizz it was adding.
The Bass Preset is a bit more complicated but I can post a screenshot if you want me to.
For the drums I used the Superior Drummer progressive foundry, which sounds so darn good! :)
Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

shadoe

Experienced
Sounds great man! Care to share the preset? I have a bass preset you may find useful, as well!

Top Bottom