Periphery Scarlet Guitar Cover

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hey guys,

I hope everyone is doing good!

Just wanted to share my cover of Scarlet by Periphery with you.

I know it's already been covered a thousand times but I wanted to give it a go as it always sounded like a difficult song to play....and it certainly was not easy but I'm happy I got there in the end!

I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think!

As always, thank you for your time when watching any of my videos!

Thanks,

Justin

No problem...

The patch is basically a drive (ts808 mod) with zero tone, zero drive and full level, the low cut is set at 600hz ish and the hi cut is set around 800hz.

Next is the amp which is the Fas modern, drive is between 5 and 6, bass is 5, mid is 5 and treb is 6 with the bright switch on, presence is 6 as well. The master is set to 3.5.

Finally, I have a peq setup to reduce some low and high end before it hits the can section.

At the moment I use cab IRs through space designer in logic X and I primarily use Ownhammer cabs, this way I can experiment with impulses as much as I want.

On this particular track I use the zilla fatboy cab blended with an EDVH cab using the sm57 and I believe specifically or was position 5 on v30 speakers.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

Thanks so much for your help mate, I'll try dialling in something like that tomorrow, I don't use Mac so i'll try using some Cab IR's from the Axe Fx itself!

Thanks so much for your help mate, I'll try dialling in something like that tomorrow, I don't use Mac so i'll try using some Cab IR's from the Axe Fx itself!

No worries mate, I would personally spend more time on your cab choice than anything as it really makes all the difference!

Let me know if I can help anymore dude

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom