Periphery patches

Exitetard

Inspired
I saw the handful they’ve uploaded. Does anyone know what albums they are from, do they all post under periphery?

Just trying to find tones from the latest album and the ones that are on axe exec hangs are they really directly from periphery? If so that’s cool but it would be nice if it always said what song/album they are from.

Also I’m looking for accurate(as possible) patches for jvm 410h js And Jcm 900

And any and all victory models preferably from highest gain to lowest.

Hayden mini mofo
Mesa boogie tc 50
Marshall JCM 25/50 2555X Silver Jubilee Reissue
Orange custom shop 50
Supro 1695T Black Magick

Last edited:
The patches that are on the preset exchange are from various eras, but the bulb ones are (I believe) from around the P2 era. There's a youtube video of Misha and Nolly playing through them and I believe that's about when it's from. They're cool but the Misha ones are very, very bright in my opinion. The low-mid gain one he posted is pretty great though, and the Nolly patches are both nice in my opinion.

The Jake patches are older, I think, and to my ear are really only for use in a mix; they're heavily shelved on the upper and low ends, and sound very harsh to my ear without accompaniment. They may fit well in the mix though, I'm not sure.

As you will hear from Misha in one of his many statements on the Periphery tone, the magic combo is usually Friedman HBE plus ML audio IRs. If you get the most recent Misha cab pack, use Misha Mix 8; that's apparently the cab they paired with the HBE to get most of the P3 tones. I believe the settings are everything at noon, treble and mid at 6, bright switch on, no boost (surprisingly), gain at 6-7. I find that the ML Fremen IR pack gets you very close to the new Periphery sound as well; blending some of the Fremen IRs with the Misha Mixes will help you tame some of the high end you can get from Misha's cab IRs.

Keep in mind that all of their guitars are at least double tracked, so if you're just jamming at home, you'll find that you miss the boost, but those settings are good for recording because they sound big when stacked and you can keep the gain lower to prevent excess noise.

Another thing to consider is which HBE version you use. I like the 2018 the best, but it's going to vary mostly based on your guitar woods and pickups. I think they used HBE v1 for the P3 recordings, but I'm not 100%.

Ty, could you tell me where to get these specific packs you mentioned. I know the stock hbe is there on mine. I use it too. I noticed about recording to. They seems very eq’d and nasal but I could still pick out some of the stuff from certain short sections.

Are they likely to upload new settings. I love the tone on hail stan. Drop c us nuts. Looking at seven strings I’m such a fan for like two days now since I listened first time.

The presets used on the albums have never been released to the public. The boys have went through those presets on clinics but I was at the studio when P3 was tracked and it was just the HBE amp sim with very basic settings through ML Sound Lab Mesa 4x12 IR's. P4 is a mix of ML Zilla and Mesa IR's. I doubt the guys will ever stop using Fractals live with the way everything is midi controlled.

There's your answer straight from the source. The Misha Mix cab packs are available in the fractal shop (you can just search ML audio misha irs and it'll get you to the link) and I believe one of those packs has some presets in it as well; can't remember which one though.

The ML Fremen cab pack is available on ML Sound lab's website and well worth the money. I use that cab pack on pretty much every preset for at least one of the cab blocks and they are just incredibly balanced and versatile. Just my 2 cents!

Also I’m looking for accurate(as possible) patches for jvm 410h js And Jcm 900

And any and all victory models preferably from highest gain to lowest.

Hayden mini mofo
Mesa boogie tc 50
Marshall JCM 25/50 2555X Silver Jubilee Reissue
Orange custom shop 50
Supro 1695T Black Magick
I have a Victory V100 and a JVM401H - I'll try and model them when I get chance. (Sorry also have a JCM800 but not a 900)

Misha posted a few videos going over his creative flow recently, and you can see a few patches on screen via Axe Edit 3. It looks like he used some IRs from his cab packs, but those exact IRs are already stock on the AxeFX 3.

What stood out to me is that he's still on FW 1.18.

Back
Top Bottom