Periphery Facepalm Mute Instrumental Cover

Either we have very different pickups or i am doing something terribly wrong. I tried to follow your written instructions but it sounds terrible. No balls, practically no distortion. Sounds nothing like yours. I am using Axe II with latest updates. and a Steinberger Guitar loaded with Lundgren M6s. Trying to follow your instructions i noticed that when i turn off "DAMP" on the amp the thing sounds terrible, no distortion. IT also kills any sustain the amp had. Perhaps i am missing something else. Can you post the patch so i can see where my errors may be? Also, it may be down to the cabinet impulses. I downloaded the OH freebies but still no joy.
I must be doing something wrong.

I dialed this tone in last night. WOW absolutely fantastic. I could not stop playing it, felt absolutely great. I can definitely feel that spoungy-ness you mentioned, I love it! Those ownhammer impulses make all the difference. I really want to use similar settings (Obviously adjusted to taste) using the 5153 RED and see how that goes.

I am still not sounding anything like this patch when i try to build. Can you post the patch so i can see where my errors are? I am getting no sustain / distortion.

Great cover, I didn't catch the first version so I can't compare/critique the updates but the current v2.0 sounds awesome man! Nicely done! :D

So without an Ultra it cannot be built? I thought Misha used an Axe II to make the sound? Well, i must admit that the sound of the Dual Rec on the Ultra always sounds better to me than the dual rec on the II. I always end up using FAS MODERN or DAS METAL rather than the Rectos on my II. I could tone match on the II but it's always better to learn the controls and what they do. I have not owned many good amps so the Axe is like kind of a History Lesson for me.

ALthough i don't have all the same settings/choices as you do on the Axe Ultra, I should be able to get close to the sound. I just don't want to use a Tone Match Block cause i want to learn more about the deep controls the Axe Offers. In order to invent my own sounds, i will need to learn what effect all these deep controls have. So far I have not gone this far into the amps. This is a good way for me to learn more of the controls.

I'm not a Periphery fan, but that is some great sounding rhythm work! The overall mix sounds very cool, too. Keep it up!

Sick tone and nice mixing skills brother.

Has anyone achieved a similar tone with the Axe-Fx II? I dialed in a patch with Justin's instructions but it sounds quite different and I can't seem to tweak it enough to get that feel... It seems to be lacking some things no matter what I do. But these OH impulses are amazing. Somebody please hit us up if you have an Axe2 equivalent of this amazing tone! Thanks!

I myself am working on an Axe II equivalent. But i do not want to just use a Tonematch Block. I want to discover the correct adjustments. I am hoping to work on it this weekend and will try to post. Then others can see my work and add their suggestions. It has to be possible on the II. Thats what Periphery Uses these days.
The first one was done direct with an ULTRA.

I posted my patch under "peripheresque"
someone with an Axe II download it , tweak it, throw it back and see who else can help us get it closer. I hope i got it in the ballpark for you guys.
Cheers,
Phantom.

Back
Top Bottom