Periphery Engage madness with Britain's young drummer of the year!

MaxTaylorGrant

Inspired
Yay for first thread! This is a rough recording of some material that my good buddy Calum Blair and I are working on. We both love Periphery and Killswitch Engage and Calum is an incredible drummer so we couldn't resist thrashing it out a bit!

All guitar tones are, of course, straight from the Axe Fx II. I've only had the unit about 3 weeks and I'm positive I will never look at another amp or modeller ever again (at least until the Axe Fx III lands ;) )

Drums were played on my TD-6 into Superior drummer

Comments and feedback are both encouraged and welcomed!

Last edited:
to embed a soundcloud link, just edit your first post, highlight the whole soundcloud link and then click on the soundcloud button in the advanced posting menu! Or you could put [.SOUNDCLOUD] at the beggining of the link and [/.SOUNDCLOUD] and the end of it but without the dots!

to embed a soundcloud link, just edit your first post, highlight the whole soundcloud link and then click on the soundcloud button in the advanced posting menu! Or you could put [.SOUNDCLOUD] at the beggining of the link and [/.SOUNDCLOUD] and the end of it but without the dots!

Excellent! Cheers :)

This is an amazing first thread!

The acoustic part at 1:13 is beautiful. round, clear and bell-like <3 Also, it's so tight! mmmmh, the drummer sounds fantastic! the cymbals are comfortable to my ear!

I could not hold my head still from 2:11, and the part from 2:56 is insane! I've not heard a song this great in a long time, it's so complete with the great material, and soundscape.

If I had to say something I'm missing, it would be a tiny bit more body/ground from the bass. But if that takes away a fraction of the drums it's out of the question! hehe :D

See this is a great mix to me, the guitars may be a bit dark compared to the "mass" but this is how I perfer them :p I can turn up the volume and it's still sounding amazing!

Thank you! <3

This is an amazing first thread!

The acoustic part at 1:13 is beautiful. round, clear and bell-like <3 Also, it's so tight! mmmmh, the drummer sounds fantastic! the cymbals are comfortable to my ear!

I could not hold my head still from 2:11, and the part from 2:56 is insane! I've not heard a song this great in a long time, it's so complete with the great material, and soundscape.

If I had to say something I'm missing, it would be a tiny bit more body/ground from the bass. But if that takes away a fraction of the drums it's out of the question! hehe :D

See this is a great mix to me, the guitars may be a bit dark compared to the "mass" but this is how I perfer them :p I can turn up the volume and it's still sounding amazing!

Thank you! <3

I've never been so encouraged by anyones feedback, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you!

At the moment there is no bass there however that is in some very capable hands being carefully crafted so there'll be a more complete mix up soon!

As for the clean tone, thank Fremen for his incredible patches, this is the first in all of the banks he shared "Acoustic Simulator" played with an ESP Horizon with 1 EMG 81 with the volume reigned in ever so slightly.

I promise more material in this vein as fast as we can write it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom