Periphery Creamback G12H-75 with Vintage 30 combo?

rsf1977_again

Power User
I just heard Misha from Periphery is using a combination of Creamback G12H-75 with Vintage 30 in his cabs live. Has anyone tried this combo? Are there any good IRs of the Creamback G12H-75 floating around?

I am using the exact combination both in a 2x12 cabinet and in 2 rivera silent sister iso cabinets. I love the mix of the two. The creamback adds some "squishiness" to the tighter sounding vintage 30. To me the creamback has a more organic sound (think vox ac30 combo) and thickens up the sound, great mix in my opinion.

doesn't ownhammer have some of those in most of the cabs now? i thought i remembered seeing them but i could be wrong

Well, i decided to give it a try. It sounds great.

I've had v30s with t75s and k100s, and all of them are great, but different. The h75 creambacks are probably the best fit to the v30s for the sound I like. The t75s have a looser bottom and hissy top. The k100s have a huge tight bottom and really rolled off high end. The h75s have a large tight bottom and smooth highs, but not over powering in any way. All these combos are great, but personally the h75 has the right amount of punchy lows and adds smooth highs around the v30 sound. Really nice combo that benefit from each other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom