Periphery Alpha/Omega Tone with Cab Pack 7

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
EDIT: Here's a sample:

No post processing and only 5153 Red amp block with this IR recipe.

So obviously us djent kids have been waiting for these albums for quite a while. The next thing we want is their guitar tone, right? Well I was listening through those songs and realized there's no spot for match EQ. (Has to be intentional. ;) )

You knew I was an audio geek right? Well I bypassed the middle channel of the tracks to find a part where a guitar would be panned to the side and the only thing interfering would be in the middle track. There was ONE spot but the quality will not be good enough for matching. However I can get a curve out of that. Bare in mind that it is not clean so there's interference from other instruments etc. Here's the curve:

p3_dirt.jpg

Immediately when I saw that I realized I had seen something very similar before. Then a "bulb" (pun) went off in my head! Cab Pack 7! So I opened my session and started playing in standard E (reason for differences in low end) scrolling through cabs and found what I think is extremely close. This is the curve I got:

p3_cb7.jpg

The recipe consists of these two alloy IRs: SM57-R121 07 and SM57-E906 01.

I don't have a sound clip but I'll see if I can get one of my guitars tuned lower to fit the genre.

Give it a shot guys and let me know if it's working for you!

Last edited:
Here's a djample... djent sample? Nevermind! :)

No post processing and only 5153 Red amp block with this IR recipe.

Reactions: DTS
CK Periphery Alpha/Omega preset

Hey I've tweaked the preset a bit further and since people were sending me private messages for the preset I thought I'd post it here. Try it out! :)

EDIT: I just realized that since I'm running FW18 beta it's probably not going to sound exactly like it sounds for me. Does it work though?

Attachments

• CK Periphery Alpha Omega.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 139
Hey I've tweaked the preset a bit further and since people were sending me private messages for the preset I thought I'd post it here. Try it out! :)

EDIT: I just realized that since I'm running FW18 beta it's probably not going to sound exactly like it sounds for me. Does it work though?

is this for Xl or axe 2 not xl?

Back
Top Bottom