Performance Tab - WoW! Thank You

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Let me say THANKS!! for the performance tab. I love it (even though, I just realized it was there, and I just have one thing on it......for now).

So I'm a relative newbie to the AxeFx III. I've had mine about a year, and to be honest, I only use the Axe Edit software to set up my presets/scenes. I never use the rack unit itself to change or set up my presets and scenes. I never took the time to play much with the interface on the rack unit itself. I actually use the Axe Fx III for my violin. I play an electric violin and I have a violin with octave strings that are an octave lower.

One of the blocks that I love to use is the pitch/harmonizer block, it's a sweet "brush" to paint with as a violin player. However.....I wanted to EASILY change the key in the pitch/harmonizer block. Now remember - I honestly never use the rack unit itself to adjust things, and I hate to drag a laptop or tablet to my gigs. SoooOOOOOoOOOOoo - I had a preset where each scene was the pitch/harmonizer block on a different channel in a different key. So I was using up 5 presets with the 5 most common keys that I play in. It "kinda" worked, but it was kludge at best. And of course for that preset it "chewed up" most of my scenes.

Along comes the Performance Tab --- WONDERFUL!!!

I can set it up totally with only the Axe Edit (extra kudos on that). Then navigating to the performance tab, well it's so easy - even I can do that. So in between songs, if I realize I want to use my Axe Fx as a harmonizer then I go to that preset, then I can just select the key I need in the performance tab - and there's no need to waste 5 presets, each in a different key.

Kudos!! Keep Up the GREAT Work!!
Love the Perform Tab.png

yup, this was an idea from the community in several different forms, and it was great to have it implemented! super easy to adjust 20 things at a time (10 per preset!).

I’ve had my Axe FX for a whole week, and used the performance screen at rehearsal tonight. So handy!

Can someone help out a noob with this? I watched the tutorial and thought I understood everything. Go to the perform tab on the AF3, in the editor select the block you want then highlight the parameter you want then hold shift and F1-F10 to place it in the desired position. Nothing happens. What could I be doing wrong? This is on a Windows 10 PC.

Can someone help out a noob with this? I watched the tutorial and thought I understood everything. Go to the perform tab on the AF3, in the editor select the block you want then highlight the parameter you want then hold shift and F1-F10 to place it in the desired position. Nothing happens. What could I be doing wrong? This is on a Windows 10 PC.
From the release notes:

o Performance controls are assigned via drag-and-drop from a block's parameter view to the Perform view. To assign a block's parameter to the Perform view, click on the control's label and drag the control to the desired Perform configuration. (To assign a Perform control from the CONTROLLERS Sequencer, right-click on the Sequencer control and choose the location from the pop-up menu.)

What are other people doing with the new tab?
As a long, long timer I tend to not get on the new features bc I was already good with my old routine so I'm curious...

What are other people doing with the new tab?
As a long, long timer I tend to not get on the new features bc I was already good with my old routine so I'm curious...

TBH I only use Per-Preset Perform in a few presets, such as my kitchen sink preset. Sole reason is that Perform already allows us to quick-jump to Amp 1 and Amp 2.

I do use Global Perform though, for quick-checking my, surprise surprise, global settings.

0629474A-CE51-45F3-ABF6-FCE34D83884E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom