Performance Screen with Preset, Scene and Effects Bypass Status

Tones2

Experienced
I really wish the FM3 had a customizable "Performance" screen, where you could see at a glance not only the current patch and scene selected but also the bypass status of maybe 8 user chosen effect blocks. This would really help avoid a bunch of foot clicks to see effects status and especially if you are using external switches with no indicators at all. The AX8 kind of had this as it's main screen and I really miss that. It's especially annoying If you assign say an Effects bypass directly to an external switch, as nothing on the main screen indicated that you turned anything on or off or the effects status as verification.

Thoughts?

I remember using that in the AX8, but I can't say I miss it. The scribble strips and the view functionality make up for it for me, and I don't use my stand-in switches for anything that I would need to see the status.

I do agree that there is definitely a possibility to use more of the Screen real estate when a Preset is loaded.
Currently using less than 25% of the pixel dip[lay. I am sure this isn in the development pipeline.....it makes sense.

de+DuOgmSUOGBgJAX6BQ5w.jpg

Yes, this main screen needs a COMPLETE redesign. Lots and lots of wasteful space that could be put to good use as status indicators.

In fact, I'm pretty disappointed about the onboard screen OVERALL. Small fonts, very texted based, no graphics of any kind, somewhat confusingly laid out overall, no touch screen, navigation control is all over the place. It's VERY old school for such a big color screen and the amount of real estate it takes up. I almost wish it was smaller so that 3 more switches could have been put onboard. I'd rather have everything in software and maybe a small performance screen and a blutooth phone / tablet interface. You know, the way many other products have gone. In any case, just having a customizable PERFORMANCE screen would go a long way here, as well as having FM3-Edit have ALL of the editing features, not just selected ones. I would bet 90% of us edit on our computers almost all the time to the extent we can.

I think the FM3 has a dedicated GPU......this can only means a LOT of goodness to come.....I believe the Fm3..like any other new device has a development road map, and we are only at the beginning.

As far as satisfaction, yesterday I was on my MAC, the FM3 connected via USB, I am on a live ZOOM call with my bandmates and they have FULL audio remotely in Northern Ontario. Coming from an Ax8...where I don't believe this would have been possible...I am giddy with the things this can do. Rock on !

Its the same as the Axe FX3 so i doubt
much will change
there will be a performance mode where you can assign parameters to the encoders. But i dont know if you will see a screenlike say a Heilx LT
with 6 blocks showing in the window

Its the same as the Axe FX3 so i doubt
much will change
there will be a performance mode where you can assign parameters to the encoders. But i dont know if you will see a screenlike say a Heilx LT
with 6 blocks showing in the window

Well we certainly won't if no one asks for it. It's just software on the unit. Seems like it could be easily programmed and would be extremely useful, and is the MODERN thing to do. I love Fractal products in terms of sound, but man the hardware screens are always like 5 years behind everyone else..

I certainly would. I can't see well and the scribble strips are useless to me. I'd like to see a large screen with maybe Preset name and Screens along the bottom.

1586562674088.png

Back
Top Bottom