Perform mode question

srf399

I'd like to set up Perform mode so that I can adjust the amp level parameter for each channel in the amp block independently.
When I do this the level control for each channel controls all the level controls in the other channels.
Can I set up the level parameter for each channel so I can independently adjust each amp channel level live?

Thanks

It's been awhile since I set up the perform tab in a preset... Manual isn't updated with perform tab instructions as far as I can see. But other perimeters are changing across channels as well... Eg. B, M, T

So you're saying that if you're on Channel A and you adjust a parameter Level that ALL the channels are adjusted at the same time?

That makes no sense...

I'm not using the perform page currently, but I'll try this next time I'm in front of the Axe Fx.

When I do this
You haven’t done this though.

There is one level control and when you change channels, that Perform tab level control changes channel too. You've dragged the same exact Level knob 4 times.

To adjust all amp channels, change channels and use that same level control, just like the block itself.

Last edited:
No.... I change the channel each time I drag the level parameter so I have one for each channel... And changing one changes every channels level.
Same thing is happening for other parameters as well.

The parameters are per block.

Amp 1 Level will control the level of the Amp 1 block on whatever channel is active... The same as using the actual knob.

No.... I change the channel each time I drag the level parameter so I have one for each channel... And changing one changes every channels level.
Same thing is happening for other parameters as well.
Changing the channel doesn’t do anything for the Perform tab.

Just like the knob changes in the block when you change channels, so does the Perform Tab knob. It’s exactly the same thing.

Put one level knob on the Perform tab
Change one channel fully counter clockwise
Change another channel fully clockwise
Look at the Perform tab and change channels in the amp block
Observe that the Perform tab level knob changes.

You aren't “changing levels in every channel” at all. You’re viewing duplicates of the same level knob changing.

Ok..

I was trying to set it up so I could adjust each channel level from one screen.

So another scenario would be using a deluxe reverb on channel 1
A and an EVH on channel B...
If I put a drive control from channel A into the Perform Tab and then go to channel B and put the drive control into the perform tab.... Then you'd think you could control the drive on each amp.
The only way to do it then would be to use 2 amp blocks and only use 2 amps.

I was sure that I was able to do this using 1 block before... Maybe I'm losing it lol

Anyway thanks everyone for your help

Thanks for clarifying this for me

Last edited:
Ok..

I was trying to set it up so I could adjust each channel level from one screen.

So another scenario would be using a deluxe reverb on channel 1
A and an EVH on channel B...
If I put a drive control from channel A into the Perform Tab and then go to channel B and put the drive control into the perform tab.... Then you'd think you could control the drive on each amp.
The only way to do it then would be to use 2 amp blocks and only use 2 amps.

I was sure that I was able to do this using 1 block before... Maybe I'm losing it lol

Anyway thanks everyone for your help

Thanks for clarifying this for me
i don't see how you would adjust the level of an amp you aren't currently using or hearing. if you're on the Deluxe, why/how would you adjust the EVH without playing through it to check?

simply change to the channel you want to adjust, and adjust it. that's the logical intended way to use it, i believe.

What is happening is if I put one level from say channel A into the perform tab.... it is adjusting the other channels as well

What is happening is if I put one level from say channel A into the perform tab.... it is adjusting the other channels as well
As mentioned a few times now, you aren’t adding “channel A level knob.” You’re adding the amp level knob which controls the currently selected channel.

If you have multiple Amp level knobs in the Perform tab, they are all exactly the same knob. Duplicates. They are not per channel.

As @chris said, there is no per-channel Amp Level control. When you tweak that Performance control, you're tweaking the Level of the currently active channel. If you dragged four of them onto the Performance tab, then you have four identical knobs.

The truth is, I'd never want to adjust the level of a channel I wasn't currently listening to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom