Perfect Strangers Cover

Danny Danzi

Power User
Hi guys,

I don't post much here, so forgive the intrusion. I did this tune a few months ago in my spare time with my Axe FxII XL+ using the 800 mod and my own IR. Not sure you guys will like this, but I had a good time doing this one. I put it together in my spare time an hour here, an hour there. It took a few weeks like that.

I beta test for quite a few companies and used quite a few of the pieces I test and develop. Some of the stuff probably wasn't ready for actual use yet lol....but I used it anyway. It's amazing how different your production can get when you don't use your "go to" pieces...but I really had a blast on this. Nothing beta on the guitar tone. All AxeFx other than some compression in my DAW and a little room ambiance from UAD Ocean Way.

Always wanted to cover this song, but couldn't handle it vocally. I stopped smoking nearly 3 years ago and bang...my range and vocal timbre has changed for the better and here I am singing a song I never thought would be possible in this lifetime the way I wanted to sing it. It's me physically playing all instruments as well. Hope you like it. :)

That rocked, Danny!

I love that whole album, and this song in particular. Your version kind of sounds like Powerslave-era Iron Maiden covering Purple :cool:

I enjoyed that, and the vocals were nicely done too... Not Ian Gillain, but then who is?

The only thing I didn't really vibe with so much are the synth parts... Just wanting to hear that organ!

Thanks for posting.

Thanks unix-guy! I didn't like hearing the organ in that song which is why it is the way it is. LOL! It's there, but just used as a filler/backer as I wanted the rhythm guitars to roar more than the original. :) Thanks again!

Thanks rick! I didn't know the original had a solo? LOL! I sort of added the solo because Petrucci added one when he covered it....but I believe he went down to B for that part.

That's phenomenal, Danny! Really loved it, everything sounds great. Guitars, vocals, the lot.

Just also want to say, regarding your description of the post as an 'intrusion', you might be the most self-effacing guy I've ever come across. Are you sure you're not English? But anyway, I've watched your video from a while ago about compression over and over and re-read the threads you posted and I'd love to see more stuff from you on here. You really know what you're talking about and I think any info you felt like giving would be a valuable and welcome contribution to the forum. I really hope you don't hold back from posting for any reason because I, for one, would always be interested in what you have to say.

Keep it RAWK! \m/

kickin a$$! love deep purple, just watched them on behind the music remastered followed by the motorhead episode. now that's quality television programming.

Back
Top Bottom