Perfect overkill guitar wiring solution for obsessive guitar nerds... like us :)

I recently installed a Seymour Duncan liberator system on one of my guitars so I could try out a whole bunch of pick ups, and thought, all I really need is the patchbay portion, this doesn't need to be on the volume pot. These guys are giving you just that, and took it to the next level!

All that being said, once I decided on pick ups I took the system out and soldered everything direct. I think it's a great way to try out a bunch of configurations, but at the end of the day I'm just more comfortable going old school.

I'm thinking of putting that in my Les Paul to experiment with different caps and pot values.

Exactly! I'm pretty happy with the 2 customs I have now, but I'm considering a super strat or an LP this go around and I want to experiment some on the strat if I go that direction. If you get one, let me know how you like it, I'm really interested in one.

I recently installed a Seymour Duncan liberator system on one of my guitars so I could try out a whole bunch of pick ups, and thought, all I really need is the patchbay portion, this doesn't need to be on the volume pot. These guys are giving you just that, and took it to the next level!

All that being said, once I decided on pick ups I took the system out and soldered everything direct. I think it's a great way to try out a bunch of configurations, but at the end of the day I'm just more comfortable going old school.

I had the same thoughts.

I will remove it and hardwire my options once I make up my mind.

And then probably put it into another guitar and do the same :)

I had a similar thought once, a secondary "tone extension" that toggled between various PIO cap values (.015, .022, .047)... I almost think I'd still prefer to do something like that rather than this. Although it's a killer concept and it looks to be efficiently executed, it also seems like the kind of thing that leads to analysis paralysis.

I don't get the concept of that tool. Is it to connect one position at a time only and to try only that one? Or is it to rearange the whole wiring of a guitar forever, so it stays built in under the hood?

I don't get the concept of that tool. Is it to connect one position at a time only and to try only that one? Or is it to rearange the whole wiring of a guitar forever, so it stays built in under the hood?
It's to let you experiment with different ways of wiring up your guitar without having to fire up your soldering iron every time you want to make a change. You can leave it under the hood as long as you like.

I have a Toneshaper in my Strat. Similar concept that's been around for a while, except that it came with its own pots and 5-way switch. They've expanded and now also offer a bunch of other options.

ToneShapers - Home

Toneshaper in my Strat too .... so strictly speaking the G Hub is not the 'first' passive wiring configuration device as StewMac seem to claim.

On a LP style guitar where the control cavity plate is easy to remove the G-Hub could be a good thing - though I wonder how it is actually mounted? On the pics of a strat on StewMac it seems to magically sit over the Vol and Tone 1 pot ......

Saw that in the email as well, first instinct thoughts were - "hmmm, interesting, schematic?" and "how expensive would it be to DIY?" :)

As someone who has experimented with pots/caps the old fashioned way (leaving the back off of my guitar and having my girlfriend sit behind me and manually connect wires to the pots/caps that I'm switching out) this is way cooler a thought than application.

You'll only do the experiment once to get satisfy you're curiosity and while this would make it easier that one time you do it unless you discover some gotta-have new tone that involves an uninstallable combination of hardware (in which case, very cool!) then it becomes a superfluous purchase. *poor bastard disclaimer*

Back
Top Bottom