Implemented Per scene volume (like Axe-Fx II)

djidoe

Inspired
In AxeFX2 each scene have its own volume. In AxeFX3 we have to use channels in Output Block (limited to 4) to boost or reduce the volume of a scene. We may also use Volume or Filter blocks... but we must insert blocks...

Is per-scene volume is implementable in AxeFX3 with no need to insert block or use Output block channels (limited to 4) ?

Thanx

What about a scene controller assigned to the output level of the Output block? That would give you control over all 8 scenes.

I have used this strategy before. It worked well. Slightly tangent question: Is there a way to do this with DISCRETE values in the scene controller? It's been a while but I recall it was driven by a curve, I think. I found it to be tedious to adjust the volume on a specific scene without adjusting the curve and potentially impacting all the scenes.

Without hijacking the tread: Is my issue real or was I just approaching the implantation incorrectly? NOTE: I've not tried this yet on the AF3.

Last edited:
What about a scene controller assigned to the output level of the Output block? That would give you control over all 8 scenes.
It would work, but as @kartman said, I think it'd be harder to make changes to it... you'd have to make sure you didn't have other things connected to that same Scene Controller's values.

I agree, it would simplify making final adjustments to a preset with multiple scenes for live use if you could set scene volume with one fader. Maybe add that to the mixer block or something?

In AxeFX2 each scene have its own volume. In AxeFX3 we have to use channels in Output Block (limited to 4) to boost or reduce the volume of a scene. We may also use Volume or Filter blocks... but we must insert blocks...

Is per-scene volume is implementable in AxeFX3 with no need to insert block or use Output block channels (limited to 4) ?

Thanx

This would be really awesome if it was added to the III. I used this level tweak for the scenes all the time for quick live use changes. Would be so happy if this was added!

...In AxeFX3 we have to use channels in Output Block (limited to 4) to boost or reduce the volume of a scene

I've seen this come up before and I understand where you are coming from; but it begs for my question - do you guys use more than 4 individual volume settings per preset when you are playing live? I generally use a general 'rhythm' volume and a general 'lead' volume and have a null filter block on all my presets with a 3db boost to get more. For dynamics, I can control how hard I hit the strings, I can also use my guitar volume, my volume pedal volume, plus 4 channels on the out block or scene controllers.

One difference for me probably is I never use more than 5 scenes anyway, so 4 channels is plenty for volume changes. I know my FXII has output per scene, but we also have so many ways to do the same thing.

I do actually. I'll have an "amp" preset with 8 scenes of the same amp or closely related variants at different settings. The different settings result in volume differences usually and so each scene needs its own volume.

I COULD just use the amp volume I suppose but I really like doing all of my volume changes in a volume block of sorts. It would be easier if the Volume/Panner block had 8 channels. Even then, that ties up one of your Volume/Panner blocks though.

What does how many scenes we use have to do with this wish? I have some presets w/ just two scenes but from time to time I have need to adjust the levels - of course everything is dialed in, but sometimes depending on the venue, how loud we are etc I might need to change something. Controlling the level of each scene directly is a great way to accomplish this.

So I'm another +1000 on this wish.

^^^ this is the answer. You have the tools on hand to achieve what you want, now. Yes, it's different than before. Progress doesn't always mean pulling the past along with you as you go forward.

^^^ this is the answer. You have the tools on hand to achieve what you want, now. Yes, it's different than before. Progress doesn't always mean pulling the past along with you as you go forward.

This may be doable and even cleaner. I'll see how easy it is to manipulate once I get home.

What does how many scenes we use have to do with this wish?

Because we already have 4 Channels on the output block, so 4 scenes can be addressed just by using a different channel. If you need 5-8 like LK does then this alone doesn't get you there, but for my needs it works fine. If you need more than 4 different level adjustments per preset, sounds like scene controller or maybe add a filter block (also four channels). Neither of these options is the same method as each scene having its own level like on the II, but there are many ways to get where we need to go.

Neither of these options is the same method as each scene having its own level like on the II, but there are many ways to get where we need to go.
This is incorrect. Scene controllers provide 8 settings, one per scene, as you’d get on the II or an AX8.

Back
Top Bottom