Per preset switch value options

DavezHear

Inspired
Version 8.0 for windows. Noticed the per preset external switch values don't have an "OFF" value option in the drop down, just 0-127. Global switch values have the option in the editor and the MFC-101 has the option for both global and per preset. Current work around is to change them to off on the MFC-101 itself.

Version 8.0 for windows. Noticed the per preset external switch values don't have an "OFF" value option in the drop down, just 0-127. Global switch values have the option in the editor and the MFC-101 has the option for both global and per preset. Current work around is to change them to off on the MFC-101 itself.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I haven't changed that functionality in years so it's likely that its been there forever. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

UPDATE: I took a look at the code and I explicitly remove the "Off" option from the PER-PRESET external switch drop-down. I can't remember all those years ago why I did that but I probably had a good reason to do so explicitly. May I ask which Firmware version you have and which MFC-101 model you have? I think that I've found another bug in the PER-PRESET EXTERNAL SWITCHES also. I don't think the CC# value should change when the "Display Offset" value on the BASE CONFIG page is set to '1'. The display offset should affect the PRESET NUMBER but not the CC value so it'll take a little longer to fix and retest that.

Last edited:
I'm using the Mark II model with firmware 3.08. I didn't notice the CC's changing due to offset on the switches but did notice that the program change numbers don't reflect the offset. I'm using the external switches 1-4 for scene changes with momentary switches in a couple of presets, so I don't want to have an off value of 0, that will always switch me to scene 1 when I release the pedal. Does seem strange that you removed that value from the per preset but still have the option for the global. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Which drop-down do you mean? The CC# drop down has "Global" and "Off" values.
I'm using the Mark II model with firmware 3.08. I didn't notice the CC's changing due to offset on the switches but did notice that the program change numbers don't reflect the offset. I'm using the external switches 1-4 for scene changes with momentary switches in a couple of presets, so I don't want to have an off value of 0, that will always switch me to scene 1 when I release the pedal. Does seem strange that you removed that value from the per preset but still have the option for the global. I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Yeah, I understand. Thanks for your patience.

The drop down menu for the per preset external switch CC value that is sent for both OFF and ON switch postions in the far right columns, not the CC#.
Yeah, I got that :) - but thanks for the brilliant screenshots anyway. I should be able to fix it this weekend with a bit of luck. The testing is going to be the tedious part because I can't remember why I specifically didn't want to have the "Off" as a choice. Maybe I was just losing my mind at the time - it's not all that uncommon :).

Yeah, I got that :) - but thanks for the brilliant screenshots anyway. I should be able to fix it this weekend with a bit of luck. The testing is going to be the tedious part because I can't remember why I specifically didn't want to have the "Off" as a choice. Maybe I was just losing my mind at the time - it's not all that uncommon :).
It's fixed. Version 8.2 is on the servers.

Back
Top Bottom