Per Preset Placeholder Layout

slinky005

Power User
Does anyone use this layout?
Not a complaint, just curious. Obviously I can re-program this layout to do anything.
I don't get its application or purpose.

I don't use any of the defaults. The layout described is a nice one-stop shop for having an entire layout that is determined by switches defined in your preset. Very similar to how the AX8 configures it's switches.

I'd consider the defaults a nice showcase of the capabilities of the unit.

I've used the Scenes, Presets, Effects and Looper layouts as the basis for what I'm currently using. But all have been modified to how I want to use the FC-12.

But they were a good starting point... And for many will probably work just fine as they are.

For my needs, I don't yet even have a requirement for a single per-preset switch, so a whole layout for that doesn't make sense.

But I could see cases where it might.

I’m using an FC6. Originally wanted the 12, but got an early invite from the FC6 overstock. I love the small form factor, but so don’t want to deal with hold functions during changes mid-song, so I was going to send it back. Per-preset config changed all that. I use a preset per song with per-preset assignments (all scene changes). The placeholder layout is useful when working this way, just to avoid overwriting another layout that I’d usually be expecting to be there.

Back
Top Bottom