Wish Per preset layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jungovila1

Per preset layout is unintuitive and too complicated, it doesn’t behave as expected as well. For example when building a per preset the banks doesn’t behave as they do when in preset view. I wish I could bank down and see all the presets in the lower bank displayed on the scribble strips. If there is a way it’s not easy to get to. The preset layout has a problem when in per preset mode. It doesn’t behave as it does on other layouts. The fact that you need to edit the buttons number in such. Manner is difficult. I wish the per preset layout was as intuitive as it was on the AX8. Just drag and drop effects or choose from a list.
In the effects layout it would be much better if the displayed effects was only the ones actually in the chain of the same preset.

Thanks.

Any layout can have per preset switches. You don't need to use the Per Preset layout.

All factory layouts are just starting points for you to use or modify as you see fit.

I think you should break out the individual "issues" you have and ask for help.

I wish I could bank down and see all the presets in the lower bank displayed on the scribble strips. If there is a way it’s not easy to get to.
Set two switches for Bank Increment/Decrement

See page 4 here:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../Fractal-Audio-Footswitch-Functions-Guide.pdf

Set the Preset Load of the switches to None. Set one switch to Increment +1 and the other to Decrement -1.

Per preset layout is unintuitive and too complicated, it doesn’t behave as expected as well.
I use the Per-Preset layout all the time and feel the opposite on each point. It's my go-to instead of the Effects layout. It is a more advanced concept, but then so are using Per-Presets and the Overrides so, as people grow to understand the system and building layouts, they'll get to the point where there's an "Eureka!" moment and it'll all fit together.

If it doesn't make sense, or seems to be too much work for you then don't; It's OK, and a lot of people, probably the majority, don't use them. For those of us who do use them they provide functionality and flexibility that is freeing.

To help reassure the OP that per-presets are not too difficult to use regularly, it's more often about understanding how to connect per-presets with specific items, such as effects, or custom switches.

Connecting per-presets to effects is comparatively easy, though you may wish to work with the per-preset link tab that assigns a per-preset switch by default to a specific footswitch, from whatever layout you choose (e.g. Leon Todd's layout 8 LIVE rig). LT just published this video that may prove helpful regards per-preset assignments. LT also discusses custom switches, although with not as much attention to this.

Hope the following will be advantageous for the OP...

as I view it the PP concept as implemented in the FM9 is an engineer's approach to use the same code to tie in an external footswitch such as the FC6/12 or work with internal ones. It is, however, not really intuitive. The software industry uses UX designers and different approaches to tie in and get feedback early during the development process to avoid exactly this. Coming from the AX8 it feels awkward but being an engineer myself makes me tolerate it. Once you understand it's actually pretty powerful.

Ideally, each preset would simply contain all of the layouts so you could make any changes you want to automatically override any global layouts, but that required way too much memory.

Your bug report above however, is not a bug. I addressed it in your other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom