Per Preset for specific presets

• Thread starter TheElaborateDream
  • Start date
T

TheElaborateDream

I have created specific FC switches for some of my personal presets, when going out of my presets to the factory presets, the FC layout stays on the Per-Preset layout. Is it possible to have the Per-Preset only on my created presets and have the Preset layout when going to the factory Presets?

You could add a switch on the 'Scene' layout (or your preferred customized layout?) that takes you to the 'Per-Preset' layout, that you will have to press when ever you select one of your presets.

Or....
Try making the 'Preset' layout your default layout. Then use 'Layout Links' on all of the preset select switches of the 'Preset' layout to take you to the 'Scene' layout (or your preferred customized layout?) once a preset is selected from whatever bank you navigated to. Then use Per-Preset 'Overrides' to override certain switches in the 'Scene' layout (or your preferred customized layout?) only on your presets.

I modified the Scene layout to be my main layout. That way I can use the factory Preset menu to get to the preset I want and use the standard button to get into the Scene layout. I use Scenes to switch to the scenes I want as well has have some buttons setup to directly toggle some effects and effect channels. So far, it is working really well. I wouldn't be surprised if I make some tweaks as I go to make it more efficient if I think of a way to do that.

I modified the Scene layout to be my main layout. That way I can use the factory Preset menu to get to the preset I want and use the standard button to get into the Scene layout. I use Scenes to switch to the scenes I want as well has have some buttons setup to directly toggle some effects and effect channels. So far, it is working really well. I wouldn't be surprised if I make some tweaks as I go to make it more efficient if I think of a way to do that.
I am using the scenes layout(s) as my main layout(s) as well, and have set up a layout switch to swap between SCENES_1-4 and SCENES_5-8, with a hold that brings up the presets scene for preset selection. The preset-in-bank switches have Layout Links added that directly drop me in SCENES_1-4 when a preset is selected. Less tap-dancing that way.... ;)

Is there a tutorial on how to do the Per Preset in FM-9 edit??..i know there are a couple pages but im somewhat confused. Basically what im trying to do is just go to a preset i made and have it on Layout 7 i guess? but when i go back and forth from one preset to another it defaults to Presets i think or scenes..thanks

Layouts don’t change when you change presets. Best idea is to manually change layouts as needed.

Or use Overrides for the presets you want to be something different while still staying on Layout 1 for example. Put overrides on Layout 1 for all switches and you’ll have what you want for the specific preset.

Layouts don’t change when you change presets. Best idea is to manually change layouts as needed.

Or use Overrides for the presets you want to be something different while still staying on Layout 1 for example. Put overrides on Layout 1 for all switches and you’ll have what you want for the specific preset.
Cool, thanks Chris..as i go its making sense..thx

Back
Top Bottom