Per Preset Effects select

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
I understand that you can have specific effects selectable per preset, aside from Global

What I find confusing is, say you have a global first 3 FM3 switches, say, DRIVE, DELAY, CHORUS.
Say for a given preset you want to change DRIVE to Rotary, how do you do this ?

So you go to FC controllers, at the bottom is says Per Preset Overide..but what are the numbers for PP#1 - PP#24 ? what do they represent...is this 1-24 per preset ?
the description is totally confusing to me.......
thanks

Thanks Yek, but thats more for editing at the unit I think, and maybe a FC6.

What do 1-24 mean in FM3 edit, and what do the numbers correspond to ? switch positions? like 1 to 3 ? and so on ?

Still learning the hardware, but the way I understand it:

PP Sw lets you create and define a command for a switch, for example:

PP#1 =[TAP = CS1, HOLD = Go to Layout 8 (for Tuner and TAP)]
PP#2 =[TAP = toggle scene1/8, HOLD = Go to preset 275]
etc...
You can have 24 of these special definitions.

Now, in any given preset where you need a particular switch to do something DIFFERENT than what it usually does in the current layout, create a PP that does the command you want, and then you assign that PP definition to a footswitch (it can be one of the 3 physical switches on the FM3, or any of the other 9 switches in the layout, if you're using them).

I think maybe you are off on a different tangent here......I am talking about overriding a global effect, for a particular preset....easily....

1. Configure a PP switch as in the manual. Pick anyone - 1 through 24 - does not matter.
2. On your FM3, using FM3 Edit if that's easier, select Per Preset FC. Assign a switch (1, 2, or 3) to Per Preset / Placeholder, then make it point to the PP definition you made in 1.
3. Voila!

what are the numbers for PP#1 - PP#24 ? what do they represent...is this 1-24 per preset ?

Conceive of having two FC 12s and using only PP switches. You might want to assign totally different switches depending on which preset you use. With these 24 PP definition, you could populate 2 entire foot controllers, (or 2 layouts on FC12) (or 4 layouts on an FC6) with custom switches per preset. Definitely more than you will use with the FM3 (unless you want 2 layouts of 4 views each fully customized!!!)

I think he means the normal switch assignments for a layout, which are global to all presets.

The 24 PP#'s correspond to 24 different override switch possibilities for any given switch. What each of those 24 override functions will be depends on what you have defined for each of those slots in any given preset. If nothing is defined in the preset, the switch will use its normal assigned function for that layout. Multiple switches can use the same PP# if you want them to have the same override function in a specific preset.

In your example, you have switches setup for Drive, Delay, and Chorus bypass in that layout. Next, you set the Per Preset Override for the Drive switch to one of the 24 available slots (lets pick PP#1 - doesn't matter which one unless you are using multiple overides per preset). Now if you define PP#1 in any of your presets, Switch 1 will use that function instead of the default Drive assignment. So, in one preset it could be Rotary, in another it could be Phaser, whatever you want.

"Multiple switches can use the same PP# if you want them to have the same override function in a specific preset"

That was what I was looking for...thanks mr_fender !

Back
Top Bottom