Per-Preset behavior: feature or bug?

Ugly Bunny

Power User
I'll try to make this as clear as possible. I rock an FM3 and use per-preset switches for every preset I make. It allows me as much or as little control as I need since most of the would-be button pressing happens automatically via MIDI.

Anyway, on the default layout 6 (per-preset), I have switch 2 hold function go to view 4 (switches 10, 11, and 12). I have switch 3 hold function activate the tuner. No hold function is assigned to switch 1. This is all visible in the "FC Controllers" tab on FM3 edit.

However, when I go to the "Per-Preset FC" tab in FM3 edit, I'll assign tap functions to PP#1, PP#2, and PP#3, but no hold functions (it'll say "Unassigned).

Still, if I hold on the switch 3, it'll go to the tuner. If I hold on switch 2, it'll take me to Layout 6, view 4.

I guess, after all this time, I'm still not quite grasping how per-preset switches work versus layouts. This seems to be a nice mashup of the two, and I like that I don't have to constantly reassign the tuner and view change, but it almost feels like it's not supposed to be this way; like, shouldn't a per-preset FC assignment negate whatever layout I'm in?

Thanks!

After you make the assignments on the Per-Preset "Definitions" tab, you have to go to the "Overrides" tab and assign the PP switch to the PP layout

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 12.50.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 12.50.05 PM.png
    195 KB · Views: 9
You can assign whatever you want to whatever switch you want. I keep it simple by assigning 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc

Back
Top Bottom