People say the AXE FX is overpriced

they're 350 in the usa-

keep in mind a real 808 is like $600-1000 depending on condition

I found one for 600 and ran to get it but it was sold on reverb before I could get it

For us Brits, Id say that the Axe FX-MFC combo is overpriced, but nearly all US goods are unfortunately. To really rub it in, I had one of those original Tubescreamers and sold it for £20 back in the early 80's

For us Brits, Id say that the Axe FX-MFC combo is overpriced, but nearly all US goods are unfortunately. To really rub it in, I had one of those original Tubescreamers and sold it for £20 back in the early 80's

It wasn't an 808 but a 1981 TS9.... I bought a guitar and pedal from someone on craigslist-- on the way it they pull out a marshall SE-100 attenuator/speaker emulator they said 'i looked it up -i can't find anything i don't know what it is' -- me- i'll give you $50- DEAL

then i buy the guitar and pedal and on the way out they're like 'i think this green pedal is broken' and then gives me an original ts9 for free on the way out. opened it- lined up the power jack- boom- perfect

lol

I feel the same way about the good British gear (orange, BKP, the Zilla stuff, etc), thst conversion rate kills :(

He should do a double blind listening test and see if he can consistently pick the vintage one. Any minute difference can likely be attributed to component tolerances, especially the pots.

Last edited:
That's a secret!

These TS808HWs are great, but voiced distinctly different from a vintage TS808. Put next to my '80 TS808, the HW is noticeably darker and smoother on the top end. The vintage TS has more sustain and more grit on the top end. Both are great pedals.

Back
Top Bottom