Pedaltrain Soft Cases Any Good?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi all,

I received my mission pedals today and was gonna put them with the MFC on my pedal train 2 board. It all fits but I found that I wanted to add a couple of pedals to my board and do that its probably best to go with the pedal train 3. I've always had their hard cases which are pretty rugged but as the pedal train 2 and 3 are only 24" wide the TRS cables tend to stick out on the mission pedals stopping them from going into the hard case. It can be quite annoying as I'd ave to keep unplugging them. I'm gonna be using the pedal train 2 for something else anyway.

I just wondered if any of you guys out there have a had any experience with the pedal train soft cases? I thought maybe i could pack everything away without unplugging cables etc? Or would i be better off using the pro? or even just going with the hard case.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited:
I have one. If you stack heavy / hard stuff on top, you might scratch or break something. My main point to buy it was the weight compared to the flight case. The flight case offers better protection.

I have one. If you stack heavy / hard stuff on top, you might scratch or break something. My main point to buy it was the weight compared to the flight case. The flight case offers better protection.

Thanks for the reply. What do have on yours? Just the MFC?

Just switched from the hard case to the soft case.
More room, easier to carry.

I have the PT2 with my MFC, Mission pedal, and EB VP Jr in a soft case. I think it offers very good protection unless it is going to be thrown around or have things thrown on it. I used right angle connectors to minimize stress on the connections. I leave all cords plugged in.

I have the PT2 with my MFC, Mission pedal, and EB VP Jr in a soft case. I think it offers very good protection unless it is going to be thrown around or have things thrown on it. I used right angle connectors to minimize stress on the connections. I leave all cords plugged in.

Thanks guys have you got any pics?. I think I'm gonna go with the PT-3 SC. Its far cheaper too. I'm trying to cut down on the weight thing and make carting gear about easier. As much as I like the ATA cases I really hate carting them about.

What's the soft cases handles like? Will they take the weight of the mfc, 2 mission pedals and possibly a Voodoo lab PP2 and a couple of pedals?

Last edited:
I have a PT-Pro with a soft bag. I had my MFC and a Roland GR-20 on it. It just seemed too bulky, so I have the PT in the closet now. Maybe I'll use it again someday.

and yes, the handles could handle the weight just fine. But I chose to use a small 2 wheel dolly to move it, due to previous back issues.

Last edited:
Thanks guys have you got any pics?. I think I'm gonna go with the PT-3 SC. Its far cheaper too. I'm trying to cut down on the weight thing and make carting gear about easier. As much as I like the ATA cases I really hate carting them about.

What's the soft cases handles like? Will they take the weight of the mfc, 2 mission pedals and possibly a Voodoo lab PP2 and a couple of pedals?

I uploaded pics here:
MobileMe Gallery

I don't have the cable to the EB VP Jr attached. As I mentioned I am using low profile right angle switchcraft 228 connectors so the cables don't stick out too much.

The strap is nylon webbing straps with a rigid but padded handle. Feels solid with my setup. I don't imagine a few more pedals would be a problem. The bag itself is also padded with what feels like hard plastic on the top and bottom with soft foam padding on the sides.

I uploaded pics here:
MobileMe Gallery

I don't have the cable to the EB VP Jr attached. As I mentioned I am using low profile right angle switchcraft 228 connectors so the cables don't stick out too much.

The strap is nylon webbing straps with a rigid but padded handle. Feels solid with my setup. I don't imagine a few more pedals would be a problem. The bag itself is also padded with what feels like hard plastic on the top and bottom with soft foam padding on the sides.

Thanks again I think I'll go with the soft case version it seems strong enough. And everything should fit inside pretty good.

My only complaint is the way the shoulder strap connects, it gets in the way when putting the board away or taking it out.

On the plus side, the zipper pulls are very sturdy and aren't going to bend like the ones on some other pedal board soft cases I've used.

I've been using the soft bag from Pedaltrain for years now with the PT2 and PTPro I have. Both have done a LOT of travel around town in my car; and both bags are more than up to the task. I cannot find a thing to complain about. I would not fly it; but for around town? No problem.

I have the soft case for my PTP with MFC and 3 Mission Engineering pedals. Never had a problem!

Back
Top Bottom