PedalSteel presets for AX8

Hey y’all, I have a PedalSteel gig coming up and wondered if anyone had any PedalSteel presets or tips for good tone with ax8 and steel. I’ve tried building some presets with the fender amps but they distort a bit too much and don’t give that full steel sound. Thanks

hi,new to the ax8 bought it used.my axe 3 is a lot louder then the ax8 how do i make it louder?i tired the hit set up button on ax8 then hit pedal to to bring you to the i/o but it didnt work?

On the AX8 is an output levels knobs.. Turning them up will increase volume. In my case connected to the Vox AC4 tube amp I only turn up Out 1 (main).. Out 2 (FX send) has no effect on my output. Other than that turn up the amp... if you're using one.. or if you have monitors turn up the output levels. I'm not pro with monitors (I use them for my laptop) but I know I use this approach nicely with my tube Vox AC4. If I can get it sounding loud at 1/2 watt in my condo you can do it with a high watt amp/monitor unit.

Hey y’all, I have a PedalSteel gig coming up and wondered if anyone had any PedalSteel presets or tips for good tone with ax8 and steel. I’ve tried building some presets with the fender amps but they distort a bit too much and don’t give that full steel sound. Thanks
Christian-I am searching as well. I have tried the Deluxe Verb but was not happy with my results. My latest on the AX8 setting is a JBL amp (solid state model) and the Paul Franklin cabinet IR. So far it is ok but not ready to use it in place of my amp. Still working and hoping others have great input as well.

I've gotten good results with the AXE FX 3 using a few things I've found that greatly lower the distortion that was minimal on guitar but awful sounding for pedal steel on all the amp choices. I'm also using the Eminence Paul Franklin IR's. Not the AX8 but perhaps some of my setting will apply to the AX8.

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/AXE FX 3/AXE FX 3.html

"I took me a while to dial most of the distortion out of the amps that I chose. That was mostly accomplished by minimizing the input trim and maximizing the internal (drive) level settings for the selected amps (see screen shot below)."

Set "Input Trim" for minimum and "Level" to maximum. This will eliminate most of the distortion caused by the early breakup default settings in the amp models.

Back
Top Bottom