Pedals in front of the AxeFx 2 XL+?

Billbill

Power User
I have a Boss CS-3 comp, HayHuge Swollen pickle fuzz and some Trex Crunchy Frog OD/boost pedal going in front of my AxeFx. I plug directly into the boss cs3 first.
Question: these are "modern" pedals so I assume they're true bypass as well if that even matters here, so when these pedals are bypassed which they usually are, if I remove a couple off my board does that possibly affect the tone in anyway of presets if I get rid of them? Thx

The CS-3 is definitely buffered.

There could be a tone change if they’re buffered and conditioning your signal as a result but I suspect it’ll be pretty minor.

The CS-3 is definitely buffered.

There could be a tone change if they’re buffered and conditioning your signal as a result but I suspect it’ll be pretty minor.
Even if they're never on, just there, and I pull them and go right in to the AxeFx?

Even if they're never on, just there, and I pull them and go right in to the AxeFx?
Correct. The CS-3 is buffered so if it's always there, you're always playing through the buffer.

I'll be honest: I think most of this stuff is poppycock. The changes are so subtle you have to be alone in the dark and complete silence by yourself to notice them. Not something you're going to notice in a band.

If you do find the gain has dropped because the signal presented to the Axe-Fx isn't as hot as when you had them in the signal chain you can just boost Input Trim on the AMP block to compensate on your presets. If you find the tone content is darker without the CS-3 in the chain, try setting the input impedence on the Axe-Fx III really high in the IN 1 block.

Correct. The CS-3 is buffered so if it's always there, you're always playing through the buffer.

I'll be honest: I think most of this stuff is poppycock. The changes are so subtle you have to be alone in the dark and complete silence by yourself to notice them. Not something you're going to notice in a band.

If you do find the gain has dropped because the signal presented to the Axe-Fx isn't as hot as when you had them in the signal chain you can just boost Input Trim on the AMP block to compensate on your presets. If you find the tone content is darker without the CS-3 in the chain, try setting the input impedence on the Axe-Fx III really high in the IN 1 block.
Copy. Thx for the help \m/

Back
Top Bottom