Pedals in front of FM9

Robspam

Does anyone use pedals in front of the FM 9? I thinking of using my wah and rotovibe, but don't want a tone suck. Thoughts?

Does anyone use pedals in front of the FM 9? I thinking of using my wah and rotovibe, but don't want a tone suck. Thoughts?
Have you tried the wah and classic vibe models in the FM9? There was a post here a few months back that went over how to replicate the Rotovibe.

The wah models in the FM9 impressed me enough that I retired my favorite wah (a heavily modded Vox 847) after getting the Fractal, and haven’t retrieved it from the closet since then. The only pedals that I still use are a handful of fuzzes and a Rangemaster clone that do things that the FM9 cannot, and they play with the FM9 just as well as they do with my amps.

Edited to add: The FM9 takes pedals just as well as a real amp as long as you don’t run a signal so hot that it clips the input.

Last edited:
I don’t have an FM9 (yet), but put pedals in front of my Axe Fx III all the time with great results. I imagine the FM9 would be the same.

As @Rex notes, tone suck has nothing to do with the FM9. If they suck tone into an amp, the FM9 won’t fix it. If they don’t, the FM9 sure won’t cause them to start.

I tried my Fulltone FD2 in front and the clean or gain models reacted just like the real thing. But I can get the same sonic result inside the unit too so would rather save the pedalboard space!

Another +100 on the wah and vibe models. Last night I put the FAS Wah in my heavy preset, played with min/max frequencies and got the same juicy, thick, harmonically rich wah tone I'm used to. My sweet spot (this time) was around 333 min and 1800 max

If you have an expression pedal, spend a few minutes and you'll be glad you did

The FM9 takes pedals just like an amp would. But spend some time exploring the fantastic models in the unit before breaking out the 9Vs and cables!

Yep!

29BD4BA5-0576-4978-A287-43CE8E9A03E4.jpeg

I’m more or less designing a rig-in-process and using the Fractal amps to help decide which amp I’m going to get. And some of these pedals I’m just unable to duplicate in Fractal land, namely the Dover Drive (germanium), EJ Fuzz Face and the Vibe Machine. No tone suck or issues at all, I’m using really low output vintage-voiced single coils on one of my Strats, they’re so sensitive I’d notice any kind of suckage if it were occurring.

Back
Top Bottom