Pedalboard Wireless setup

As tempting as the Shure looks, does anyone have gigging experience with the G70? The latency figures look pretty neat and I know a lot of people that swear by Line 6 (aside from some you). The battery life doesn't bother me at all at 8 hours. Besides, it shows you where you're at on life, anyway.

What are your likes and dislikes? Any issues in large venues or areas with dense in wifi-enabled devices?

I honest think you will be happy with Line6 G50, G70 or G90 and also the shure system.
I have used the G50 and the G90 a lot and I have never had any issues at all.
The freedom of a good wireless system is GREAT :)

I have had years of trouble free operation from both G90 (on Axe FXII rig) and G50 Line 6 units (on my regular pedalboard - and now AX8 and FX8) - both use the same metal transmitters. Latency is not even noticeable - and never had a drop out or failure of any sort. I like the battery read out on the transmitter itself. One thing you notice is the extra crispness in tone the when you switch away from cable - I use cable at home and at the practice room - so its always nice to switch to wireless and get an immediate lift in clarity when we do gigs.

Used a G90 for years with my AxII and it was great.

Now using a G70 with the AX8 and it'e been just as cool. No issues, nice and easy, works great and no noticeable lag.

Plus it has shiny lights, which is always a bonus :)
Hi can you let me know when your Ax8 kick tags

Thanks

Chris

Been using a Line6 Relay G50 for 3 years. Not a single problem during 60 gigs. Not once.
Used the G50 live with the AX8 for the first time two days ago. Still a smooth ride without
any issues. :)

Here is when I used a Line6 G50. 1,400 people were there. No interference from cell phones. No drops, just some wrong notes on my part.

At home it overpowers my wifi network so I switched the wifi to the 5Ghz band.

Battery life is great for me. I use rechargeable batteries and bring spares that are charged.

I've never heard a wireless system in which latency was a problem. Even if there were 10 milliseconds of latency, you get that much delay standing ten feet from your cab. It's not really an issue.

If you use IEM's then it is much more noticeable. Also, latency can add up quickly with all the DACs and ADCs these days and FX processing.

Well, looks like I need to exchange my Shure unit for another. At the gig tonight and it won't power on whatsoever. If the next one does the same, I'm going L6 G70

Back
Top Bottom