Pedalboard to FC12 +2 expression pedals

danielworks

Inspired
What’s the most light pedalboard in the market that can accommodate a FC-12 and 2 expression pedals ? (Mission Engineering SP1 and Fractal EV-1)

I use a pedaltrain pro for my fc12 plus 2 mission sp's and a mxr talk box. don't know if that is a light board to you. it's a lot of real estate though. look in the post your rig or pedalboard threads for (very) good examples

The most light weight will be a sheet of plywood, painted black. This is what use. Unfortunately I have to carry it in a reinforced box which weight almost as much as my AxeFX.

I use a Templeaudio Duo 34 for my FC-12 and the same expression pedals you use. By itself, the Duo 34 is fairly light. Adding the FC and the pedals makes it....not light.
Thank you. Would I still have space to put a 2 button footswich with this setup ?
Stupid question: what do you use to attach the pedals to the pedalboard ? Velcro, zip locks etc ?

I use a Templeaudio Duo 34 for my FC-12 and the same expression pedals you use. By itself, the Duo 34 is fairly light. Adding the FC and the pedals makes it....not light.
Would you still have space for any of these big boys in your pedalboard ?

Attachments

• IMG_3888.jpeg
    IMG_3888.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3887.jpeg
    IMG_3887.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 15
Thank you. Would I still have space to put a 2 button footswich with this setup ?
Stupid question: what do you use to attach the pedals to the pedalboard ? Velcro, zip locks etc ?
A 2 button switch might fit, you'd just have to play around with the location and orientation. Securing the gear to the board can be a bit of a pain IMO. In my case, I use slightly longer screws for the FC12, and for the pedals I remove the rubber feet and secure them directly to the board with their own screws and small washers on the underside. TempleAudio makes a quick release system to use with their boards, but I've found them to be too short to work with any of the stuff I've put on the board. Plus, the adhesive for the square anchors is so strong you run the risk of tearing up the bottom of whatever gear you attach them to when you go to remove it. There are probably better/easier ways to mount gear on a pedal board but all the ones I've tried so far have some significant down sides. Won't happen I'm sure, but it would be great if FAS made some kind of pedal board specifically designed for the Fractal gear that didn't involve Velcro, or trying to find odd sized/length screws to mount gear to the board.

You should be good for the dual switch. I have the Temple Duo 34 and fit the FC12 and 3 expression pedals (1 Mission and 2 Dunlop) on it fine.
I'd love to see this set up. I have an FC-12 arriving in 2 days. I currently have an FC-6 with 3 expression pedals (1 Mission and 2 EV-1's) on a TrailerTrash 18x30. I'm hoping the FC-12 and 3 expression pedals can all fit on my Temple DUO 34 I picked up last week.

I already did that and did some real world measurements. I just thought it would be cool to see what you have there rather than a generated picture. My FC-12 comes tomorrow so I will see how it looks then.

Sorry for bothering you.
No bother. The Temple planner is accurate, so it's a good method...

However, note that if you're planning to mount the FC-12 with screws then you have to account for where things "align". If you use the mounting plates you have a little more "freedom".

Excellent !
Which 2 button footswitch is it ? how did you place your pedals in this slant position ? looks tidy .
Thanks for sharing !

Excellent !
Which 2 button footswitch is it ? how did you place your pedals in this slant position ? looks tidy .
Thanks for sharing !
Mosky Dual Switch
I have the Mosky mounted with 3M Dual Lock on a wood wedge I made to match the angle of the FC-12.
Everything is mounted to the Temple Duo 34 board with 3M Dual Lock.

I started placing my expression pedals slanted years ago to match the natural placement of my foot as I reached with my foot to step on them.
This is how I my pedals were mounted when I was using an FC-6 on a TrailerTrash 30x18 board.

62041098817__59DE84AC-C56F-4186-9BCE-21F3D75F5271.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom