Pedalboard stolen (AX8 + other stuff)

selta

Power User
Hey everyone,
Early monday morning (about 2am), my pedalboard was stolen out of my garage. Thankfully, my neighbor saw it happening and honked the horn on his car, so that was all they got away with. But, it had my small gig rig in it:
1) PedalTrain Novo 32 + Hard case
2) AX8
3) Line6 G30
4) TCHelicon VoiceLive 2

cables, power strip, yadda yadda. I live in the Seattle area, but if you happen to see someone unloading a pedal in your area that looks like this:
15591403_10154667157771276_3064615969170016421_o.jpg

I'd appreciate it if you let me know. I've spoken to police, and shot an email to my insurnace agent as well. I know the chance of recovery is basically non-existant, but I have to try. If you can share this around in your local communities/musician pages, I'd also appreciate that.

Sorry to hear about this man. A nice rig too. You're making me think haha. Good luck in finding the jerk. I'd post to any local facebook gear groups, call all your local pawn shops and place a craigslist ad as well. Especially if you bought it straight from FAS with a serial number.

That sucks. There's always got to be some asshole.:mad:

I'll check the CL ads and let you know if anything pops-up.

I mean, the "good" thing I suppose is that there aren't too many AX8s in my area. Assuming it stays here and gets traded in to a pawn shop, I might get it back. WA state law says that pawn shops have to register items, and it's cross ref'd with the police. I've been skimming the Seattle and Portland craigslist. Thanks for all the replies and support. Thankfully, my band is on a tiny break until late January, so I have a little bit of time. Had this happened anytime from late February to mid December, it would've been very painful due to the gig schedule we sustained.

Having been ripped off several times over the years, I am very sorry to hear about your plight. Please don't take me wrong, but from a spiritual perspective, it is better to be robbed than to be the thief. I do hope you get your stuff back.

Last edited:
Well, one week in and nothing at all. Generally speaking, the longer it draws on, the chances of recovery drop. Probably going to give it just another week and order a new AX8 -- friggin' ouch. Homeowners will cover it, less deductible of course, with a premium increase when we renew the policy. But, we have shows starting back up in January and we can't be without this setup.

Friggin' hate thieves.

Lesson learned: throw a padlock on the garage door. You see where the bar slides into the track? Note the hole at the end of the bar. That's for a padlock. They can bust the key lock all they want, they ain't pulling a padlock through the track.

Also there's this thing:

garage%20door%20defender.jpg

Lesson learned: throw a padlock on the garage door. You see where the bar slides into the track? Note the hole at the end of the bar. That's for a padlock. They can bust the key lock all they want, they ain't pulling a padlock through the track.

Also there's this thing:
Yeaaaah, then I'd have to unlock my door every day when I leave for work, and it'd be unlocked all day, which would kind of defeat the purpose. It'll be alright in the end, just sucks right now. Hopefully FAS will have two AX8s ready to go when I get this all sorted out.

...Homeowners will cover it, less deductible of course, with a premium increase when we renew the policy...

Be aware that your insurance company might refuse to cover the loss if they know you were using the stolen gear professionally. I had a '68 Les Paul Custom and a '77 ES-335 stolen from my van after a gig years ago. My auto insurance agent said they would be covered under my policy. Then I made the mistake of telling the agent a few days later that I was using the guitars to make my living. She hesitated for a minute, then told me she was sorry, but the guitars wouldn't be covered because I didn't have business insurance on my van.

And yes, thieves suck out loud.

Sux!

I'm sure you've heard all the advice, but either way:

Post in places like nextdoor (a good resource for finding out if this is a trend in your neighborhood), craigslist (post for 'Wanted - Locally' and hide your location info). Ask that they shoot you an email if they see one or even buy one (say you won't ask for recovery, only to nail the thieves.) If you have pawn shops within 5-10 miles, give them a ring and ask if they have one. Since the thief knew where to go, this is probably someone who you or your neighbors know...they'll want to unload fast. Get the SN from your invoice and keep an eye on Ebay (if you want to be crafty, ask for the serial number because there were a certain number that were defective...this is a lie of course, but they won't know that.)

Good luck and hope you get a replacement soon!

Back
Top Bottom