Pedalboard PowerAmps...

Jeggz

Inspired
I’ve been thinking...

Now that the FM3 is out, and earlier came the Kemper Stage, I’m guessing in the next 12 months a lot of new stuffs gonna come out.

The brains gotta be trying to figure a way to get higher wattages in a board friendly form.

What says yous?

I have an SD powerstage. Before I landed on that I went through the EHX magnum44, Mooer baby bomb, and quilter microblock. I also have a Harley Benton “thunder 99” that I kept because it’s stereo (which is cool for that size) and also very cheap. Unfortunately the powerstage is the only one I would play live with and that’s only because I can adjust tone controls on the fly.

I think the real solution is to move the power amp off the pedalboard and keep it in your FRFR speaker. FM3 to a matrix fr12, xitone, or CLR is going to beat these class D cheapies every single time. Just because it can get loud doesn’t guarantee it will still sound good.

The Duncan sounds good, but if you pair it with 16 ohms, you lose too much power.
Not sure about the Quilter stuff.

The Duncan sounds good, but if you pair it with 16 ohms, you lose too much power.
Not sure about the Quilter stuff.

Yeah, you think so? Powerstage 200 should be about 50 watts at 16 ohms, am I mistaken? I have an ASW Crossroads speaker (70 watt 16 ohms) that I was thinking would work about perfect with the Powerstage 200 at 50 watts.

Yeah, you think so? Powerstage 200 should be about 50 watts at 16 ohms, am I mistaken? I have an ASW Crossroads speaker (70 watt 16 ohms) that I was thinking would work about perfect with the Powerstage 200 at 50 watts.

I actually emailed SD support and this was their reply for running a powerstage at 16 ohms:

"Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you can run the Powerstage amps from 4-16ohm - you will pull approx. half of the wattage at 16ohms."

I actually emailed SD support and this was their reply for running a powerstage at 16 ohms:

"Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you can run the Powerstage amps from 4-16ohm - you will pull approx. half of the wattage at 16ohms."

Wonderful! Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom