1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Pedalboard junction box question(s)

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by Rob13, May 11, 2018.

1. Rob13

Rob13
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Hey, all,

I've been thinking about building a small (Hammond 1590?) junction box that will have:

1x1/4" i/o (guitar)
    2xXLR i/o (outputs 1&2 from AX8)
    1xXLR i/o (IEM)

I'm wondering if there are any issues I should be aware of - ground loops, etc before I order & assemble. I don't need buffers in or power to the junction box at all.

FYI, my pedalboard is basically an AX8, a Line6 G30, & a Shure PSM300 transmitter. Everything is powered by a Voodoo Labs PP2+ (AX8 in the courtesy outlet, G30 & PSM300 from taps 5&6).

It is self-contained, ready to throw down at a moment's notice. I'm hoping this little junction box will minimize the wear & tear of plugging/unplugging cables from the gear.

Any thoughts? Advice?

Thanks in advance!

2. biskitboy

biskitboy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I built something similar below. The photos shows my Shure GLXD connected to the box, but that is no longer the case. I run that 1/4inch direct to the AX8. I never really tried running it through the box. I was just worried about picking up extra noise since that box has a lot of stuff in it.

3. Rob13

Rob13
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

I've seen that before, @biskitboy ! It looks fantastic! What size box is that? Where did you buy all the parts for that?

biskitboy likes this.
  4. biskitboy

biskitboy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Thanks! It's this box (Hammond 1590XXRD):