Pedalboard ideas

Sixstring

Legend!
Ok, so I'm looking for ideas for my pedalboard case. The inside dims are 28"x14" and there is roughly 5" clearance inside with the lid on. I want to put the Ax8, a wireless and two expression pedals or maybe one if I go the db4e. I like my rigs to be clean and quick to set up while keeping things fairly light... I'm not into the cables all over the floor look.

Powering the wireless and the Ax8 are going to be a challenge. I would like to bring one detachable power cord to the board and power things there. I was also thinking about a patch panel at the board for the other connections.

It seem to be a lot to cram on the board and still keep it within these dims without going up in elevation with some of the items in question. Going back to the wireless I'm leaning toward the Shure at this point but I can't help but like the WIC for it's size and lack of powering requirements both transmitter and receiver require a charge and are really small. I know they aren't available as of yet which is fine I don't have an AX8 yet either.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated ;).

so you want a flat board? not something pitched up like a pedal train? Did you find a manufacturer who makes a board that size?

One thing, fwiw: when I got my FX8, it replaced all but one of my analog pedals, yet the board (which is roughly the size of yours) was noticeably heavier. When they say these things are "built for the road," they ain't kiddin...they have some weight to them.

I wound up having a custom pedalboard made by NYC pedalboards. It's 32x15. There seemed to be quite a few people on the forum that really liked how well they were built, etc. I was a bit skeptical considering the online photos didn't thrill me. However, after receiving the unit, I was pleasantly surprised with the fit and finish. It's really a dang good looking board!

I'll post pictures once I finally receive my AX8. I already purchased 2xEV1's and a Shure GLXD that will be going in it. This was supposed to be a Christmas present for my son, but he'll have to wait for the AX8 to ship (10/13 5:31).

so you want a flat board? not something pitched up like a pedal train? Did you find a manufacturer who makes a board that size?

I already have a board/case just a cheepy no name I bought off ebay a while back when I re-did my Axe II rig. It currently has two EBJR and a CGP on it and it probably weighs in the 28-30Lb range.

Here is what it looks like... The GCP is an 1" wider and deeper that the AX8 so I get a little more space moving to it.

The db4 expression pedal I have been eyeballing for sometime is 5" wide x 10" deep x 2" tall. so I get some more real estate with that as well. If I use those measurements I have roughly 5.5" left over from the 28" on the board. This gives me enough room to place the Shure GLX system. I would have to fab something up for cable management if I wanted to go there. If I used the PRA WIC wireless I would have a plenty of room left and only have to power the Ax8 maybe have a convenience outlet for the charger for that unit.

Back
Top Bottom