Pedalboard build in <<<ultra slo mo>>>

The FedUps guy dropped off a box yesterday, eh....
20200717_142422.jpg

Added a couple new bits, and started the process of sticking things down:
20200820_143201.jpg

The Mosky DUAL SWITCH boxes work nicely with the smallest sized Temple pedal anchors, though two is advised. I sat it on one without sticking the adhesive on, and it acted a bit like a see-saw, so I am glad I thought to buy four anchors instead of just two. Much more secure that way! Ran the first under-the-board cabling to them. Nice and neat, and nothing hanging out for Dora (the cat) to explora.... :)

Waiting on ZenRigs Glo-Risers for the three EV2s and the Mission pedal, and the FC6es as well....

20200820_144644.jpg

Added a couple new bits, and started the process of sticking things down:
20200820_143201.jpg

The Mosky DUAL SWITCH boxes work nicely with the smallest sized Temple pedal anchors, though two is advised. I sat it on one without sticking the adhesive on, and it acted a bit like a see-saw, so I am glad I thought to buy four anchors instead of just two. Much more secure that way! Ran the first under-the-board cabling to them. Nice and neat, and nothing hanging out for Dora (the cat) to explora.... :)

Waiting on ZenRigs Glo-Risers for the three EV2s and the Mission pedal, and the FC6es as well....

20200820_144644.jpg
Ready for you brother!

Update - swapped all the Pedal 2 stuff to Pedal 4 and vice-versa. It makes more sense to put the controller I use most often on the same side as the wah controller and the per-preset functions. The left board is for more global/utility stuff like preset/bank switching, global volume pedal, global utility controller (usually delay mix), etc.

Moving the four stand-in switches below deck, also. The Mosky boxes are great, but still a little too tall for a club-footed, trips-up-stairs sort of non-graceful person like me to work in the current location in front of the controller pedals. If sunk below decks, with just the switch poking out, they will be a lot less likely to get accidentally triggered. Switches arrive next week....

20200909_225241.jpg
The stand-in switches got a case of the Subterranian Footswitch Blues....

The Mosky switches are going in the drawer for later. With the switches below decks, they are completely out of the way when running the pedals. No more accidental heel-switch intersections. I repurposed a Seymour Duncan pickup box (with a little bit of massaging courtesy of the Dremel cut-off wheel) on the bottom side to give me a convenient place to mount the TRS jack, rather than wire the switches to the end of a TRS cable directly. :)

Just waiting on a package from Merry Olde England to mount the pedals and FCs....

20200909_225241.jpg
The stand-in switches got a case of the Subterranian Footswitch Blues....

The Mosky switches are going in the drawer for later. With the switches below decks, they are completely out of the way when running the pedals. No more accidental heel-switch intersections. I repurposed a Seymour Duncan pickup box (with a little bit of massaging courtesy of the Dremel cut-off wheel) on the bottom side to give me a convenient place to mount the TRS jack, rather than wire the switches to the end of a TRS cable directly. :)

Just waiting on a package from Merry Olde England to mount the pedals and FCs....

Your package is off to the post office in today's batch fella. Looking forward to the end result!

Something came in the post today, all the way from Merry Olde England....
20200918_182649.jpg

Updated pics of my rig:
20200918_214444.jpg

20200918_214510.jpg

20200918_214534.jpg

Due to tight spacing on my boards, I had to slightly mod the #3 (wah pedal) ZenRiser to allow the LED strip's cable to pass through a convenient pass-through hole in the middle of the pedal. Lucky thing I have a Dremel. Since it's in the middle, between the channels for the LED strip, it does not affect the light transmission at all. Currently running a nifty USB power supply bank with a single AC outlet built in as my power supply block for the lights and a place to plug in the OneSpot that powers FC#2....

Next stage, down the line a fair bit, is to get a pair of the power pluggies that Temple makes, to be able to tuck all the wires inside for the lights and OneSpot inside the boards. Don't want to rush things.... :D

Something came in the post today, all the way from Merry Olde England....
20200918_182649.jpg

Updated pics of my rig:
20200918_214444.jpg

20200918_214510.jpg

20200918_214534.jpg

Due to tight spacing on my boards, I had to slightly mod the #3 (wah pedal) ZenRiser to allow the LED strip's cable to pass through a convenient pass-through hole in the middle of the pedal. Lucky thing I have a Dremel. Since it's in the middle, between the channels for the LED strip, it does not affect the light transmission at all. Currently running a nifty USB power supply bank with a single AC outlet built in as my power supply block for the lights and a place to plug in the OneSpot that powers FC#2....

Next stage, down the line a fair bit, is to get a pair of the power pluggies that Temple makes, to be able to tuck all the wires inside for the lights and OneSpot inside the boards. Don't want to rush things.... :D

Mate, that looks STUNNING! Great to see it all together - I think you’re the current title holder for the most number of GloRisers in a single rig!

Working on something else for the FCs at the moment that I think will be pretty cool.... will keep you posted. Thanks for posting the pics :)

By the way, for the power, I didn’t use the temple power thingie on my current board - I put a power strip with USB outlets under the board, attached with Velcro, and the lead to run to the mains easily comes out under the back of the board. Will post pics later if you’d like to see.

By the way, for the power, I didn’t use the temple power thingie on my current board - I put a power strip with USB outlets under the board, attached with Velcro, and the lead to run to the mains easily comes out under the back of the board. Will post pics later if you’d like to see.
Would be chuffed to see your board!

I was planning to get two of these: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...hj74YXIy3c-tUjyPval9v1Sm8JfJbKARoC8CUQAvD_BwE

Then, under each board, an adapter to a regular AC plug and on the green board, a 3-way tap to split the AC out to 3. Then I can just get a couple little AC-powered USB charger cubes to run the GloRisers' lights....

UPDATE, Fall 2021:
1102210919_HDR.jpg

Got some new bits and bobs....

FM9 and FX3 Mk 2 Turbo working together. Between the two, thanks to External #11 - #16, I have 12 control switches in both - finally have more switches than I know what to do with! 🤪

Back
Top Bottom