Pedalboard build in <<<ultra slo mo>>>

I don't suppose you still have that spring loaded mission pedal do you? And if I remember right you're in AZ. Might be interested in it. Local pick up even. It looks like the exact one I've been eye balling other than the color which I don't care much about. I'm currently doing the rubber band trick on one of my EV-1's.

Your setup looks awesome by the way. I'm jealous. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a FC yet.

I don't suppose you still have that spring loaded mission pedal do you? And if I remember right you're in AZ. Might be interested in it. Local pick up even. It looks like the exact one I've been eye balling other than the color which I don't care much about. I'm currently doing the rubber band trick on one of my EV-1's.

Your setup looks awesome by the way. I'm jealous. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a FC yet.
Yup, Phoenix. You don't have to shovel sunshine.... :)

Sorry, that's been gone since late July or early August.

Thanks. I have pretty much peaked out on gear, but I finally have a rig better than I dreamed possible back in the '90s when I was actively gigging.

Skateboard grip tape?

A few years ago, one forum member got creative with grip tape:

pavenyhe.jpg

Braved the sticky stuff today and managed to install both vinyl wraps with no bubbles or wrinkles:
20200101_152859.jpg

Ready for flight as soon as I find a board to mount these on.... :)

Thanks to Chad Boston for the wraps!

Braved the sticky stuff today and managed to install both vinyl wraps with no bubbles or wrinkles:
20200101_152859.jpg

Ready for flight as soon as I find a board to mount these on.... :)

Thanks to Chad Boston for the wraps!
Nice, but you've got 'em backwards. Red is port, and green is starboard. :)

How much work is it to install the wraps?
It took me about 20 minutes, from the finish of disconnecting the FC6es to completed wrap installation. I did them on the kitchen island, as that's the only place in the house with bright, non-cavelike lighting. Don't tell the OL.... :D The hardest part was initially lining up the gap inside the big window space. Once I got that in place, it pretty much just unrolled onto the remaining part of the face, around the switches, etc. The key is not to pull too hard trying to straighten it and stretch the vinyl....

Wow these look very good! I would never have agreed with this idea before seeing the end result, but it looks like your risk has totally paid off!

My only worry is, how easily does the vinyl scratch? Or show scratches? I'd expect there will be a lot of scuffing from your shoes when using the FCs live.

Wow these look very good! I would never have agreed with this idea before seeing the end result, but it looks like your risk has totally paid off!

My only worry is, how easily does the vinyl scratch? Or show scratches? I'd expect there will be a lot of scuffing from your shoes when using the FCs live.
The vinyl does a good job of protecting the underlying finish on the FCs themselves. As these do not yet leave my office, they should remain in good shape for a long time. I have 3M vinyl rally stripes on my car that took a lot of Phoenix sun and are still protecting the underlying paint after 8.5 years, though, admittedly, the parts that face upward to any degree are starting to look a bit frumpy....

Marginally related to the pedalboard build: finally got a Furman power unit.
20200107_131308.jpg

The OneSpot powering FC #2 (green) is now in the rack and switched with the Furman, so the Axe FX and both FCs now power up with one switch.

Next? Connectors on a panel on the back rail of the rack case, so I can connect FASLINK and power easily....

Ok, so a bit of a left turn since the last post. No more VZA Switchulator box. Views came in and made it unnecessary to have a box of stand-in switches and a knob. The knob's replacement was, temporarily, my old Boss volume pedal, but its replacement arrived today:
20200507_192137.jpg

Gotta get a jar of Testor's in a light brown, so I can fill in the lettering and the Fractal logo like I did with the other two....

Back
Top Bottom