Pedalboard build in <<<ultra slo mo>>>

Yes. No more yoga stretches and gymnastic feats required to hit all 12 buttons all the way out on one end of the footswitch. :)

In retrospect, the 12 makes more sense to me now as a nice all-in-one-place unit for someone who only uses controllers occasionally, only has one or two, and primarily uses button stomps to get where he/she is going. The pair of 6es seems much better suited to a controller-focused setup. I now have room for 5 more pedals or knobs or any combination thereof, as well as four more controller switches.... :)

Foot switches feel so much more ergonomic when you can have a bit of a curve. Just isn’t natural to move the foot side to side along a parallel plane, and especially is difficult to use expression pedals when your foot/ankle is bent at an odd angle, typical of most pedalboards.

I found a massive benefit to angling my exp pedals in an arc and it allows for the foot/ankle to be Straight with regards to the travel of the sweep.

I find my fc6 and external switches does what I’m needing, but I’d totally buy a second fc6 before I’d get a fc12

Foot switches feel so much more ergonomic when you can have a bit of a curve. Just isn’t natural to move the foot side to side along a parallel plane, and especially is difficult to use expression pedals when your foot/ankle is bent at an odd angle, typical of most pedalboards.

I found a massive benefit to angling my exp pedals in an arc and it allows for the foot/ankle to be Straight with regards to the travel of the sweep.

I find my fc6 and external switches does what I’m needing, but I’d totally buy a second fc6 before I’d get a fc12
Kinda like one of those 21:9 computer monitors. They kinda need to be curved.... :) I know this first hand, as the one at the office (which I need to visit more often) is a nice 34" curved one. Mine at home is a 29" flat one. It tends to give me eye fatigue after a while from the changing focal distance needed to look at the middle vs. the edges....

Question?

........most second party presets are based around the FC12....... would this pose a problem getting two 6’s?

Question?

........most second party presets are based around the FC12....... would this pose a problem getting two 6’s?
Just some work in adjusting them to use two separate layouts. Your quickest and easiest route will likely be to copy the 12 layout to a separate layout, and drag the buttons around with the handy new drag-n-drop buttons feature in Axe Edit....

I tend to use almost exclusively per-preset overrides, as they allow complete flexibility, but they also require the most set-up work as the cost for that flexibility....

Thanks Joe..... I started a separate thread if you wan't to attach this....as it may help others

So i could drag the preset buttons where They would be the same as the twelve......... What is the per-preset overrides function.

Thanks Joe..... I started a separate thread if you wan't to attach this....as it may help others

So i could drag the preset buttons where They would be the same as the twelve......... What is the per-preset overrides function.
PPOs are button config data stored in each preset. They can be placed on the layouts and will override any function on that button. One of my three layouts has just one global button (tap tempo/layout switch), and one other has none at all. The PPOs are assigned as needed across the 11 empty buttons. The last of my three layouts is set up for preset selection, and the Layout Links on the preset-in-bank switches are all set to switch that layout to my scenes layout on that FC6. That lets me use a globally-applied set of switches on at least one layout (yay, less work)....

Last edited:
Checked the mail today, and my decals were there. I guess I can get the ball rolling on the big multi-function external switch.... :)

The type of man who runs dual FC6's is the type of man who doesn't rely on 3rd party presents ;)
True, for the most part. I do pick bits from the AustinBuddy Naked Amps pack (which I need to finish auditioning), though, and I do pull in about every preset I see a post on, to get new perspectives on things....

Forward motion, finally:
20191201_165754.jpg

The suspense is killing me. Lets hear about the new switch box functions.
The triangles will be up/down buttons, most likely +1/-1 Bank on taps, with the possibility of doing something else on hold, maybe +5/-5 Banks.

The circle will be a knob for controller #4 (on the first FC).

The square will be a switch doing something. I will probably assign it to tuner duty on tap, with Reveal Holds on the hold function.

The chain link will have a linked pair of switches that work like a pair of three-way lightswitches: one will be a latching switch, and the other will be a momentary switch that reverses the state of the pair. These two linked switches will operate some other per-preset function.

Time to find my drill and start wiring the thing up....

Well, finally got into the last bits for the big footswitch box:
20191222_162201.jpg

20191222_162037.jpg

Up/Down arrows do Bank +/- 1 on tap and Bank +/- 5 on hold.
Knob is any extra control that I want to have available but not necessarily taking up as much space as a full controller pedal would.
Square is switch one for the second pair of switches, and Chainlink is the linked pair of SPDT that do latching/momentary reversal of state.

I may use that for the Reveal Holds so that I can effectively get another layout of tap switches on each FC. I may use it for the Rotary speed switch, so I can switch it either momentarily or latched.

Might need to pull it up in between the two EV2s if I do that, though. Lots of things to try before deciding what to mount all this stuff onto. :)

Still need to disassemble, clean with acetone, polish the couple bits that got lightly etched on the sides of the box, and spray it with clear enamel, so that it stays shiny. :)

Also need to find some more chromed 1/2" trim washers for the switches.

But, it works, and maxes out one FC's controller and switch jacks. I suppose I could build another with four knobs and four switches if I really needed that many more utility functions and controllers....

I am now considering what to do with the knob to give it better traction, so that rolling it along the side of my shoe works better

Back
Top Bottom