Pedal?

Yep. Electric to Acoustic tone match, then into the Tube-Pre Amp model. Tried every combination, and that worked best.
@APE : Is that why you're running the cab before the amp? Because you're using an acoustic simulator patch and not an actual clean electric guitar tone? Because otherwise, the cab comes after the amp.

How can the AX-8 have a good acoustic scene, like "Moke's Acoustic Sim", and a JCM 800 or other modern type sound in the same preset?

Or should I buy MFC-101 and possibly upgrade to an Axe-FX III? Or should I go Kemper and use another pedal…

How can the AX-8 have a good acoustic scene, like "Moke's Acoustic Sim", and a JCM 800 or other modern type sound in the same preset?

Or should I buy MFC-101 and possibly upgrade to an Axe-FX III? Or should I go Kemper and use another pedal…
It's possible in the AX8 using a stereo Cab block and some other blocks to pan things where needed so that each signal chain uses only the IR needed (either the Left or the Right IR). But it's a bit complicated if your not super handy with complex routing.

Much easier in the Axe-Fx II, and more CPU available. If you're going to use scenes, you will need a foot-controller that supports them.

I have a 'Plexi+Acoustic' preset that does this. However, there are some compromises in the AX8 version ....the AX8 version does not use an Amp sim for the acoustic sim chain as a second one was not available, and no 'Multi-Comp' block (also not available).

It uses a different IR that makes up for some of the missing EQ from the missing Amp block, And a couple of (parallel) filters and a Comp block to make up for the missing 'Multi-Comp' block.
plexi+ac.png

You already have an Axe Fx II... Get an MFC.

Don't get an MFC and an Axe Fx III as they will not be integrated.

Huh. I have an original Axe II from 2011; not any of the upgraded models. It's held the test of time and I respect the fractal guys for the constant flow of updates. Eventide is the same way… 15 yo Eventide Eclipse still gets firmware updates. Dedicated motherfuckers lol.

What pedals are guys using for Axe FX III?

Back
Top Bottom